You can’t pinpoint a certain area to lose fat without using and targeting your entire body. A healthy diet and daily exercise routine are the key check marks to get toned and lean arms.
Shedding stored fat is only accomplished by burning more calories than you consume. A mix of burning calories through exercise, reducing your caloric intake and targeting your arms with a weightlifting routine is your necessary plan to get lean arms.
STEP 1: Healthy Diet
Eating a healthy, well-rounded diet that consists of natural foods and consuming smaller portion sizes will limit the number of calories you need to burn in order to shed pounds.
Consuming calories provides you with the energy necessary for basic human functions, but the inability to burn those calories turns them into wasted energy and converts them to fat stored in your body (flabby arms).
In addition to burning calories, reducing your caloric intake will shed fat throughout your entire body, including those fat cells in your arms.
Cut out processed foods and empty calories (junk foods that add no nutritional benefits, vitamins or nutrients).
Incorporate as many natural and fresh foods into your meals as you can. Eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains and organic proteins.
STEP 2: Fat Burning Cardio
Dropping fat from difficult areas such as the arms may require the loss of a high percentage of fat. You can’t eradicate stored fat from only your arms. You will have to utilize your energy from all parts of your body.
Even if a particular exercise (such as the ones we provide in the next slides) pinpoints the arms, that exercise will often strengthen the arms before the visible fat is shed. Once you start burning fat through healthy dieting and regular cardiovascular exercise, your arms will start appearing more toned.
Cardiovascular exercise is necessary to burn the calories that have caused the fat cells. Cardiovascular workouts enhance blood flow and oxygen in the body through repetitive motion. They burn fat throughout the entire body, and these exercises will be your greatest asset in shaping your flabby arms.
Here are some great cardiovascular exercises to burn fat and get lean arms:
- Rowing is a cardio exercise that fully utilizes the upper body and arm muscles. When you row, you will not only lose fat but also tighten your muscles.
- Running is your simplest anytime, anywhere cardio workout with the ability to burn calories.
- Elliptical trainer gives you an intense whole body workout similar to running, but the arm movements hinge on resistance that will strengthen you upper body as your legs move.
- Swimming is an intense cardio exercise that burns major calories and targets your arms.
- Cross-country skiing is a full body exercise that will get your heart up and strengthen both your upper and lower body.
STEP 3: Arm Workout
In order to get lean arms you need to target all your arm muscles. And here are the exercises that just do that: