1. Bench Press For Lean Arms
Weight training, in addition to regular cardiovascular exercise, is a necessary means for using calories and burning fat. Fat hates muscle. Firm, healthy muscle will overtake the fat cells in your body (and arms) with proper weight training exercises.
One great exercise for building strong muscles in the upper body and arms is the bench press. Here’s how to do it:
- Lie on your back on a flat bench. Grip the bar using a medium width grip with palms facing forward and thumbs around the front of the bar.
- Lift the bar and hold it straight over your head, making sure to lock your arms.
- Lower the bar down towards your chest without letting the bar touch your chest.
- Raise the bar back up in a steady motion.
- Once the bar is overhead with arms extended, a rep is finished. Go straight into the following rep without pausing at the top.
- Perform 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps.
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.