Pull-ups exercise the arms, upper and mid-back muscles by using the weight of your whole body. Follow these steps to properly target your arm muscles while doing pull-ups:
- Grab the pull-up bar by placing your hands shoulder-width apart with your palms faced outward.
- Tighten your abdominals, and keep your body as stable as you can.
- Pull yourself in a fluid motion.
- Raise yourself up past the bar as high as you can. Aim to get your chest all the way up to the bar.
- Steadily lower yourself back down until your arms are hanging at full extension.
- Do as many reps as you can. Shoot for a goal of increasing your max by one each time you do pull-ups.
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.