4. Middle Deltoid
Working your shoulders is crucial to getting toned and lean arms. Often, people will neglect the shoulder and only focus on the biceps and triceps. The middle deltoids, or lateral deltoids, are essential to proper arm functioning and strength.
Here’s how to perform dumbbell lateral raises:
- Stand with your knees slightly bent, and keep your feet set at the width of your hips.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your thumbs pointing ahead of you.
- Tighten your abs, and slowly lift your arms outward until the weights are in line with your shoulders.
- Hold the position for one second, and then lower your arms back down to your sides.
- Do 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps.