Did you ever wonder why diets rarely do work? I know you want to lose weight fast but instead of racing to the finish line (whether it be to lose 5 pounds or 50) try a more strategic way and a more realistic goal like losing one pound. Then repeat this small process.
Choose your favorite from these 101 tips (or try them all over the course of a few weeks/months/years) to lose a pound at a time, so that when you’re at the finish line you’ll have the body shape you’ve always wanted.
32 Ways To Lose A Pound Exercising
It is well known that to lose a pound of fat, you need to burn about 3,500 calories, or to eat about 3,500 calories less. Here are 32 workouts that burn 500 calories, so mix 7 of them (or repeat one workout for 7 times) every day for a week to lose a pound. Then repeat this process until you get to your desired weight.
For every workout, calories burned are based on a 125 pound woman.
1. 45-minute jog at a 10-minute mile pace;
2. 60-minute cycling session;
3. 90 minutes on the elliptical;
4. 50 minutes on the Stairmaster;
5. 70 minutes of resistance training (lifting weights);
6. 45-minute breaststroke swim;
7. 45 minutes of treading water;
8. 120-minute walk at a moderate pace;
9. 60-minute Zumba class;
10. 120-minute Power Yoga class;
11. 90-minute Pilates class;
13. 60 minutes of dancing (professional or just for fun in a club);
14. 65 minutes on the ski slopes;
15. 50 minutes of cross country skiing;
16. 40-minute jumping rope;
17. 70-minute fist fight with the punching bag;
18. 3 hours of shopping, but make sure to skip the escalators and hit the stairs;
19. 50 minutes of hula hooping, which burns 10 calories per minute;
20. 50 minutes of shoveling snow;
21. 40 minutes of martial arts;
22. 40 minutes on the rock climbing wall;
23. 50-minute beach volleyball game. The sand’s unstable surface helps you burn more calories in a shorter time frame.
24. 60 minutes on the rowing machine;
25. 90-minute ride on horse back;
26. 90-minute kayak ride;
27. 150-minute golfing, but make sure you carry the clubs!
28. 150-minute hike;
29. 2-hour round of tennis;
30. 45 minutes of jumping rope;
31. 60 minutes surfing;
32. 150-minute bowling;
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.