There’s nothing more attractive in a woman than a short dress with toned and sculpted legs. So ladies, put your dress aside for the moment and let’s HIIT those legs and butt with the most effective thigh toning exercises.
6 Thigh Toning Exercises
If you’re looking for thigh toning exercises, these 6 moves are you best option. They hit your outer and inner thighs, as well as your butt.
1. 90-Degree Side Lift
Roll up a yoga mat into a cylinder or use a sturdy chair for a solid 90-degree side lift. And let’s get started!
- Stand rolled-up yoga mat or chair in front of you.
- Stand with your feet spread to shoulder-length apart.
- Do a slight bend at the knees and lean forward with your hips in order to position your hands on top of the chair (or vertical mat).
- Your back should now be parallel to the floor.
- Keep your hand sturdy on the chair for support; raise your right leg straight out to the side with your toes pointed.
- Your legs should make a perfect 90-degree angle.
- Hold the position for a five count and return to the starting position.
- Do 10 reps with each leg for a set, and do three sets.
2. Narrow Squat With Overhead Press
Taking a narrow stance in a squat targets the often-neglected inner parts of the leg: inner thigh, hamstring and quadricep. All of these muscles are foundations for strong legs. This is one of the easiest thigh toning exercises!
- Stand still with your legs together.
- Hold light weights in each hand, and raise the weights up to your head by bending at the elbows.
- Perform a squat by pushing your butt back and bending at the knees in order to lower yourself towards the floor.
- Keep your legs as close as possible. You should feel the pull in your hamstrings.
- Keep your weight on the heels of your feet and keep squatting.
- Lift your arms up so they are straight overhead and parallel to one another.
- Push against your heels and bend your elbows back down in order to get back to your starting stance.
- Do three sets of 10-15 reps.