3. Stair Steps
All you need to perform this killer leg workout is a stair, cinder block or phone book. This simple move will give you a great total leg workout.
- Stand directly in front of the step with your arms down at your sides.
- Use a watch or timer, and set it for five minutes.
- Step up first with one foot, and then bring the opposite foot up beside it once you’re positioned on the step.
- Step back down one foot at a time.
- Continue the pattern until the halfway point on the timer, at which point you should alternate to the opposite starting foot.
- Step up and down until your time expires.
4. Bridge With Squeeze
The bridge is a classic stretch that is simple to do, and adding an inner thigh squeeze will tone your inner thighs. The thigh toning exercises are good for your buttocks too!
- Lay on your back with your knees bent and your feet separated.
- Put a pillow, rolled towel or ball between your thighs.
- Push back on your shoulderblades to raise into a bride. Be sure to align your ribs with your pelvis.
- Squeeze the pillow with inner thighs without shifting your pelvis. Do this 15-20 times.
- Lower your pelvis and pull your knees to your chest.
- Do a total of three sets.
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.