Looking to lose 10 pounds in a month? Here’s an effective weight loss plan that prioritizes both safety and sustainability.
Losing 10 pounds of fat means that you have burned or lost 10 pounds of stored body fat through a combination of diet, exercise, and other lifestyle changes.
This can lead to improved health, as excess body fat is associated with a higher risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes.
However, it is important to note that weight loss should always be approached in a healthy and sustainable way, rather than through crash dieting or other unhealthy methods.
So in this article, we’re gonna approach the right way to lose 10 pounds in a month.
How Can You Lose 10 Pounds In A Month?
There are several ways to achieve weight loss, including losing 10 pounds of fat specifically. Some strategies that may be effective include:
Creating A Calorie Deficit
To lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you consume. This can be achieved by reducing your calorie intake through diet and increasing your calorie expenditure through exercise.
Eating A Healthy Diet
A diet that is rich in whole, nutrient-dense foods and low in processed foods can help you lose weight and improve your overall health.
Increasing Physical Activity
Regular exercise, especially cardio, and resistance training can help boost weight loss and improve muscle tone.
Tracking your progress through measurements such as weight, body fat percentage, and measurements can help you stay motivated and make adjustments as needed.
Losing weight can take time, and it’s important to be consistent with your efforts.
What It Actually Means To Lose 10 Pounds?
To successfully lose 10 pounds, you would need to create a calorie deficit of 35,000 calories. This means that your body burns 35,000 calories more than it usually does.
This can be achieved by a combination of reducing your calorie intake and increasing your calorie expenditure through exercise.
Here are some ways to create a calorie deficit:
- Reduce your calorie intake: One way to reduce your calorie intake is by tracking your daily food intake and cutting back on high-calorie foods. You can also try eating smaller portions or cutting out snacking between meals.
- Increase your physical activity: Increasing the amount of exercise you do can help you burn more calories. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise, such as brisk walking, cycling, or swimming, most days of the week.
- Combining both: By reducing your calorie intake and increasing your physical activity, you can create a calorie deficit that will lead to weight loss. This is the best way to lose 10 pounds in a month, so we’re gonna explore this method in the next sections.
It’s important to note that creating a calorie deficit of 500-1000 calories per day is considered safe and sustainable for weight loss.
Creating a too-large calorie deficit can be dangerous and can lead to muscle loss, fatigue, and other health issues.
Additionally, losing more than 2 pounds per week is not considered healthy and sustainable.
Trying to lose 10 pounds in a month is equivalent to creating a calorie deficit of about 1200 calories per day. This is achievable, and it’s close to the limit of the safe side.
So let’s see what are the best practices to create a 1200-calorie deficit each day.
How To Create A 1200-Calorie Deficit Per Day?
As stated above, the best way to create a calorie deficit of 1200 calories per day is through a combination of reducing your calorie intake and increasing your calorie expenditure through exercise.
The best ratio between the two will depend on your individual circumstances and preferences. But a generally safe and sustainable approach is to aim for a calorie deficit of around 600 calories per day through diet and 600 calories per day through exercise.
For example, if you usually consume around 2000 calories per day, you could reduce your calorie intake by 600 calories just by eating healthier. Then you could burn another 600 calories through exercise, such as by doing a combination of cardio and strength training.
Now, you might not be an active person, and burning 600 calories per day through exercise might not be a realistic goal for you. That’s why a ratio of 2:1 is more achievable.
So to create a 1200-calorie deficit per day you should aim to eat 800 calories less than you usually do, and burn the remaining 400 calories through exercise.
10 Ways To Burn 400 Calories Each Day
Here are ten ways to burn 400 calories:
- Jogging or running for 45 minutes at a moderate pace.
- Cycling for an hour at a moderate pace.
- Swimming laps for an hour.
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT) for 30 minutes.
- Doing a step aerobics class for an hour.
- Playing a game of singles tennis for an hour.
- Dancing for an hour (such as Zumba or salsa).
- Rowing for an hour.
- Skipping rope for an hour.
- Doing a vigorous weightlifting session for an hour.
It’s important to note that the number of calories burned will vary depending on factors such as your weight, gender, and fitness level.
Additionally, the actual number of calories burned during an activity may be different from the estimate. The best way to know how many calories you are burning is through the use of a heart rate monitor.
How To Cut 800 Calories From Your Plate?
To create an 800-calorie deficit, you need to consume fewer calories than you burn. One way to do this is by cutting back on high-calorie, processed foods such as sugary drinks, fast food, and snacks high in saturated fat and added sugars.
Foods to avoid:
- Processed foods: crackers, cookies, cakes, donuts, etc.
- High-calorie drinks: soda, energy drinks, sweetened coffee, tea, etc.
- Fried foods: French fries, fried chicken, fried fish, etc.
- High-fat meats: bacon, sausage, etc.
- High-calorie condiments: mayonnaise, salad dressings, etc.
Foods to consume:
- Fruits and vegetables: These are nutrient-dense and low in calories,
- Whole grains: quinoa, oats, brown rice, etc.
- Lean proteins: chicken, fish, tofu, etc.
- Legumes: beans, lentils, etc.
- Low-fat dairy: milk, yogurt, etc.
It’s important to note that creating a calorie deficit of 800 calories per day is a big deficit and may not be safe for everyone, especially for those who are underweight or have a medical condition.
Additionally, it’s important to make sure that you are getting all the necessary nutrients and not compromising your health.
In order to lose a pound you need to create a 3,500-calorie deficit. But for losing 10 pounds, you’ll need to create a 35,000-calorie deficit.
That’s a calorie deficit of 1200 per day if you plan on doing it in the span of a 30-day period.
There are two ways to create a calorie deficit: either you eat less or you exercise more. And the safest method is to combine both.
So, each day, you should eat 800 calories less and burn 400 calories through exercise. This is the safest and most effective way to lose 10 pounds in a month.
Remember, you don’t have to count each calorie; just exercise for about an hour each day (even walking counts as exercise) and eat homemade, healthy food.