The Beginning Of Zumba
Zumba started in South America, once coach Alberto Perez launched an aerobic program that included moves inspired by latin dance. Since then, this fun and effective sport wins a lot of fans every day. Join the fun! Each zumba workout includes aerobic moves and dance steps inspired by salsa, merengue, belly dancing and african and even hip-hop.
As mentioned at the beginning, zumba was born in Columbia, by chance. One day, a very popular coach named Alberto Perez was driving to the aerobics room where he teaches when he realized that he forgot the music tape for workout home. He was a Latin music fan and took the tape from the car and improvised a dance aerobics class mixed with most ranging from salsa and merengue, reggaeton and belly dancing. Participants felt so well that newly designed program has turned into a real-craze Zumba. Today, Zumba is taught in no less than 125 countries in hundreds of aerobic halls with thousands of participants who leave workout with a smile after such a lovely time!
An hour of zumba help you burn between 400 and 600 calories. The great part is that you will learn during workout a few steps that will remove the deadlock on the dance floor or at a party.
Workout Plans For Everyone
Zumba workouts are small parties where everyone can join, so each trainer is has its own style, depending on the type of participants:
- Zumba Fitness Party: this exercise brings together those who want to tone your body, lose weight or just to have fun.
- Zumba for seniors: mirth and party atmosphere are at home, the difference being on adaptation exercises and emphasis on socialization of the participants.
- Zumba in the circuit: a workout specifically designed for people who do not have available more than 30 minutes and want to work harder.
- Aqua Zumba: unique sport-specific exercise that takes place in the pool. Double shot of fun!
- Zumba for kids, which is open to all kids aged 4 to 12 years.
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.