Reducing belly fat helps one in averting the risks of contracting weight-related complications such as obesity, arthritis and heart complications.
There are many ways of maintaining a healthy physical condition that ranges from natural to medicinal. Most people prefer to use the natural due to their convenience and limited side effects.
Reducing Belly Fat With Exercises
Most people are concerned with reducing belly fat and forget about gaining and maintaining abdominal muscles.
It is possible to reduce belly fat and gain muscle simultaneously. It only requires one to observe the appropriate dieting habits and engage in a fitness routine full of physical exercises to tone the entire body.
Losing belly fat starts with efforts to help reduce the overall body weight capacity. Depending on the severity of the condition, there are many recommended workouts to help reducing belly fat.
These workouts are simple, cheap, and flexible and can be done from home. They are suitable for both men and women.
1. Scale Pose (3 x 10 reps)
Scale pose is very important not for its ability to help strengthen the pelvic floor but also core strengthening. Pelvic strengthening facilitates better sex and posture.
- In a cross-legged sitting position, place your hands next to your hips and ensure that you are comfortable.
- At this position, tighten your pelvic floor and push into your hands so as to lift off your entire lower body from the ground.
- Remain at this position for at least three breaths then lower your back down.
- This is one repetition.
For those who find this exercise challenging, rather than lifting the entire lower body, just lift the butt while the legs remain on the ground.
2. Boat Pose (3 x 10 reps)
Here’s how to perform a boat pose:
- With bent knees, sit with your feet on the floor and hands beneath your knees to aid in support.
- Keeping your shoulders back and your chest lifted by engaging the abs muscles, lift your legs until they are parallel to the floor. This enables you to balance on your sitting muscles.
- While stretching your arms forward, begin straightening your legs.
- Hold at least ten breaths before releasing this posture.
- This is one rep.
For effective results ensure you repeat the procedure for at least 10 times.
3. Get More From The Core
- To begin with, whenever you twist, ensure the movement occurs from the bottom rib up while the hills are still (move from the waist).
- Secondly, you should feel a tightening from one hip bone to the other throughout each move. The tightening should be similar to zipping up a pair of jeans (tighten up).
- Finally, to help protect your lower back and strengthen your abs, ensure you exhale thoroughly with each breath (exhale deeply).
4. Low-Belly Legs Reach (3 x 10 reps)
This exercise greatly targets six-pack and corset. Here’s how to do it:
- With knees bent to 90 degrees, lie face up with abs contracted and hands behind head.
- Lift shoulders and crunch while keeping knees stuck over hips and inhale and hold for at least five seconds. Ensure you extend your legs to 45 degrees while exhaling.
- While squeezing lower belly, hold for at least five seconds and ensure you do at least 10 reps to ensure effective results.
5. The Teaser (3 x 10 reps)
This is an advancement of the Pilates-inspired move. Here’s how to perform this exercise:
- Lie on your back with feet lifted and knees bent to 90 degrees angle.
- As you inhale, ensure to tighten your abs with hand lifted up and back over the head.
- While singing the hands forward, ensure you exhale and straighten your legs so that the body achieves a V shape. If you find it challenging, place the hands on the floor for support to increase general body stability.
- While bending your knees, roll down slowly and bring the arms overhead.
Ensure to perform at least 10 reps for effective results.
Health matters are very important, that’s why most people prefer the use of physical exercises in reducing belly fat and gaining muscle, instead of pills, supplements, and surgeries. Physical exercises are convenient, flexible and inexpensive and have limited side effects.
If you enjoyed these exercises to help reducing belly fat please share them with your friends. Stay fit!