Creating a treadmill workout program isn’t difficult. All you have to do is create the program, which is easier to accomplish than you might think, and then commit to it.
When it comes to a treadmill workout program, all you have to do is break down the program into steps that can be easily implemented.
Any treadmill workout program should begin with the proper warm-up techniques:
- Perform a five minute warm-up.
- Maintain a walk at two miles per hour for 1 minute.
- After reducing the speed, walk on your heels for thirty seconds, and then walk on your heels for thirty seconds.
- Perform the toe/heel walk again.
- Bring the incline up to 6, and use longer striding motions to stretch out your legs.
- Bring the incline to 0, and walk at three miles per hour for a minute.
- Cool off by walking at two miles per hour for about three minutes.
7-Day Treadmill Workout Program
After warming up, you can attack your treadmill workout head-on:
Choose a speed on your treadmill that will get you breathing a little harder than usual, but still ensure you’re comfortable. Keep this up for about thirty minutes.
Start off at 3.5, move for about 5 minutes, and then start switching up the speeds. Move back and forth between 3.5 and 4.5 at 5 minute intervals for about 33 minutes.
Repeat what you did Monday. If you’d like to move a little faster, feel free to.
Start at a low incline (0 or 1) at 3.5, and then begin switching up the inclines. Raise your incline, reduce your speed, and maintain your walking for 5 minutes. Do this two more times, bring it back down to 1 or 0 for 5 minutes, and then cool off.
Create a mix that utilizes inclines and pyramid walks at 45 seconds to 1 minute intervals. For example, start a pyramid walk at four miles per hour for 30 seconds, increase to 4.5 for 30 seconds, reduce to 3.5 for 45 seconds, and then bring it back up to 4.5 for 45 seconds. For your next pyramid walk, raise the incline.
As you can see, coming up with a treadmill workout is an obtainable goal. So share this program with your friends if you enjoyed it!