Whenever you’re craving something sweet, try one of these four healthy dessert recipes. They’re super-delicious and packed with nutrients.
Diets can be challenging, especially if you have a sweet tooth. Although, following a healthy diet doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice all the sweet treats.
In this article, you’ll find a few healthy dessert recipes that are easy to make, fast, flavorful, and incredibly tasty.
These ideas will help you enjoy the food and stay guilt-free after eating it. And, if you don’t want to cook a lot, you can always add your favorite ingredients, like fresh/frozen berries or dark unsweetened chocolate, to your everyday snacks.
However, be careful with what you eat – buy organic ingredients you trust and consider checking out the bulk wholesale chocolate suppliers in your area, so you won’t have to go to the store every time you want something sweet.
Healthy Dessert Recipes
Ready to make some sugar-free desserts that your friends and family will love? Check them out here:
1. Frozen Banana And Chocolate Bites
Looking for an ideal dessert for children and peanut butter lovers? Here it is.
Time: 1 hour
- 3-4 bananas;
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips;
- ½ cup peanut butter;
- 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- Cut the bananas into ½ inch pieces, put them onto a plate or baking tray covered with parchment paper, and put them in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Then, with every two slices, make a “sandwich,” putting ½ of a tablespoon of peanut butter between them.
- When done, put the bites in the freezer again for at least 10 minutes.
- At that time, put chocolate chips into the microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 30-second intervals on high.
- After the chocolate is melted, stir in the coconut oil and take the banana slices out of the freezer.
- Then, cover every banana “sandwich” with the melted chocolate – you can dip it in or use a spoon.
- And finally, place the bites into the freezer for another 15 to 30 minutes.
You can store them in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 weeks – however, you’ll probably eat them earlier. Enjoy!
2. Mango Chia Pudding
If you love healthy desserts, you probably know this one. So why not make it once again?
Time: 15 min to prepare, 12h to chill
- 2 tbsp chia seeds;
- ½ cup coconut or any other dairy-free milk;
- 1 mango (or any other fruits or berries, fresh or frozen).
- Put the chia seed into the bowl, cup, or jar and pour the milk.
- Mix until there are no clumps – you can add a sweetener of your choice, like honey or maple syrup – and put it in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, take the pudding out and mix once again.
- Cut the fresh mango into pieces, and ⅔ of them blend until smooth.
- In the cup, layer mango purée and chia pudding, and garnish with chopped mango, coconut flakes, or mint.
Your healthy and delicious breakfast is served.
3. Ultimate Spicy Watermelon Granita
If you want to add some spice into your daily life – try this.
Time: 15 min to prepare, 6 to 8h to chill
- ½ watermelon;
- 1 lime, juice only;
- Pinch of salt;
- ¼ cayenne pepper – you can take less or more depending on your spice tolerance.
- Remove the watermelon seeds and cut the flesh into chunks.
- Add to the blender together with juice and salt, and blend it until completely homogenous.
- Gradually add the cayenne pepper, tasting all the time – stop when it’s spicy enough for you. Don’t add a lot, especially if you’re doing this for the first time.
- Pour the mixture into the freezer-safe casserole dish and put it in the freezer for 6 to 8 hours.
- Every hour, stir the mixture with the fork until it resembles crushed ice and repeat until there’s no liquid left and flaky crystals form.
Serve in the glasses, and garnish with mint and, if you like it, whipped coconut cream.
4. Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
For those who really miss the cookies, this is the best solution. Try and see – they’re just like the classic ones!
Time: 15 min to prepare, 1 hour to chill
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter;
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted;
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup;
- 1 egg (or flax egg);
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract;
- 1 3/4 cup almond meal;
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda;
- 1/2 teaspoon salt;
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Then add the almond meal, baking soda, and salt, stir together and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Put in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight if possible.
- When you’re ready, preheat the oven and bake the cookies at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- When scooping the cookies onto a parchment paper, make sure they’re at least 2 inches apart – they will spread.
Eat these sugar- and gluten-free cookies with a glass of milk and enjoy the wonderful taste of a healthy yet yummy dessert.
As you can see, these healthy dessert recipes look delicious. And they taste the same too, believe me.
Try them just once, and forget forever about those fat, sugary cakes and snacks that make you feel guilty every time you eat them.