If you are one of the people who is feeling the effects of long hours spent in front of the computer, and your back hurts, then I suggest some exercises that ease back pain.
Our first instinct in these cases is usually to just run to a doctor, but these simple yoga poses can ease back pain and can be done in the privacy of your own home.
Literally, anyone can do them. All you need is a mat and a few minutes to spare. So grab your mat and let’s get down on the floor.
Five Exercises That Ease Back Pain
Maybe you’ve already done these exercises during your yoga or Pilates class but did not know their true power against back pain. So let’s check them out!
Here are five simple movements you can do at home to relieve your back pain:
1. The Cat Pose
This first exercise for your back pain is inspired from yoga and is well known for its therapeutic effects. You don’t have to be a seasoned yogini to try this, as it’s really simple but very effective too.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Sit down on all fours, inhale and raise your head, arching the back and pushing the chest towards the floor, gently.
- The next step is to exhale leaving your head down and arching your back in the opposite direction, toward the ceiling.
- Then lean back, let your chest down to the knees (feel free to touch the floor with your forehead) and stretch your arms forward.
- Repeat 10 times.
This sequence is called the cat pose – can you guess why? 🙂
2. Knee-To-Chest Pose
Here’s how to do this yoga pose:
- Lie on your back on the mat with your legs extended.
- Exhale and bring your left knee to your chest, holding it with your hands.
- Then inhale and stretch back your leg.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- Do a total of 10 repetitions with each leg.
3. Pilates Bridge Pose
This one is simple, we all did it sometime in our childhood. Here’s how to do it properly:
- Lie on the floor with your face up, arms at your sides, palms on the floor.
- Inhale, lift your butt until your body forms a diagonal from knees to neck.
- Then exhale and get down.
- Repeat 10 times.
4. Reclined Cobbler’s Pose
Let’s see the steps to perform this yoga pose to help ease back pain:
- Lie on the floor on your back with your knees bent, facing outward, and feet together. Inhale deeply.
- Exhale, tighten your thighs and bring your knees together until they join.
- Repeat 10 times.
5. Superman Pose
Let’s fly the pain away from our backs. Here’s how:
- Lie on the mat, with your face down and arms and legs fully extended. Inhale and arch your back.
- Simultaneously, lift your right leg and left arm as much as possible.
- Hold for a few seconds, then release and repeat with the other leg and arm.
- Do 10 reps with each side.
Try to do these 5 back pain exercises daily and you’ll feel much better and healthier. Also, your back pain will be history. 🙂
More Exercises Against Back Pain
These exercises are even easier than those five presented above. And the fun part is you can do them in bed. Awesome, right!?
Try to stick to these exercises every morning right after waking up, or every evening before going to sleep.
Here are the exercises:
- Pelvic tilt exercise;
- Alternate knees to chest;
- Knees side to side;
- Knees to chest.
Do each exercise for at least 30 seconds, then repeat the entire session one more time. Or if you’re not busy, repeat it 2-3 times. Have fun!
Chiropractor’s Advice To Ease Back Pain With Exercises Video
Want to know more about how to relieve back pain at home? Here are the exercises chiropractors use to ease back pain in their patients.
So if you have someone to help you with these moves, that’s great! If not, get an appointment with a chiropractor and reap the huge health benefits of this treatment.
Check out this video for more details on how to remove your lower back pain with simple stretches:
Please sustain a healthier community and share this post. Thanks!
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.