A beginner is a beginner and is called that for a reason. That’s why we’ve collected 5 of the best ever exercises for beginners to tone and sculpt your entire body.
When doing exercises it is extremely important to understand this and strategize accordingly. An expert can help you devise one so that you do not hurt yourself and also not lose interest. This is a must-have in anyone’s healthcare routine and should not be ignored.
5 Best Ever Exercises
We have summed up 5 of the best ever exercises just in case you have made up your mind to get healthy. Here they are:
You may have heard this “word”. A beginner should try it.
Why? It is one of those exercises which work on your entire body including the core. Doing this on a regular basis and correctly will help you carry out daily chores with much more vigor.
- Place your feet on the floor. Keep your feet shoulder width apart.
- Now place your hands over your thighs and slowly start bringing your body downwards.
- Keep doing it till your elbows touch your knees and thighs become parallel to the ground.
- Hold on for 5 seconds
Do 5 sets, 15 repetitions. Be aware that there are more chances of you not being able to achieve it in the first go, so go down till your body can. Practice every day.
2⃣ Push Ups
Since you are a beginner, start with the basic one before moving on to the difficult versions.
Why? It again engages your core, which is very important.
- Get your body into a plank position.
- Place your hands just below your shoulders, open and facing each other.
- Since you have just started, bend your knees to touch the floor.
- Bring your body down towards the floor.
- It is not important to touch the floor, go as far as you can.
- Over a period of time, you will have enough strength to touch the floor with your nose.
Do 5 sets, 10 repetitions.
Why? It is one of the best exercises for improving core performance, boost metabolism and overall flexibility. There is no better way to develop them than using your own body weight.
- Just get into a press up position.
- Your elbows should be right under your shoulders.
- Make sure your hips don’t sag. They should be in line with the body.
- Bend your knees and touch the floor.
- Hold on this position for 30 seconds.
- When you become comfortable holding on for 30 secs, increase it to 1 minute.
- This is the time to move on to the next level, move your knees up.
Do 5 sets of 30 seconds each. Repeat it two to three times in a week.
4⃣ Hip Flexors
Why? These exercises ensure that your hips are flexible, and you do not face lower back pain, and injury.
How? There are a lot of exercises, but we have picked two of the easiest keeping in mind that you are just starting off.
A. Seated Butterfly Stretch
- Sit down on the floor or mat and bring the soles of your feet together.
- Now bring your upper body forward. This will stretch the inner muscles of your thighs.
- Hold on for 10 seconds.
Do 5 sets, 15 repetitions.
B. Pigeon Pose
- Get into a table position.
- Now get your left leg forward so that the left ankle touches the right hand.
- Slide back.
- Stretch your right foot back.
- Hold on for 5 seconds.
- Repeat the same with the other leg.
Do 5 sets, 15 repetitions on each leg. You can even try bridges, if you like.
5⃣ Side Lying Leg Lifts
This will help you build hip strength apart from strengthening the knees.
Why? Without a good hip strength, you really can’t move on with any other kind of exercise, so do it on alternate days.
- Lie on one side on a flat floor or mat. Bend your elbows to support your upper body.
- Now raise your leg above to about 4 inches from the ground. Your abs should be tight.
- Hold it for 2 seconds.
- Return to the first position.
- Repeat it with the other leg.
Do 5 sets, 10 repetitions on each leg.
Kickstart your workout routine with 5 of the best ever exercises! But don’t forget the importance of personal hygiene. Use a good quality antibacterial shower soap to stay on top of the game, always.
This is a guest post written by Evie Dawson, a fitness coach and health writer based in Boston, MA. Her passion is to encourage others to rediscover their lifestyle and get inspired for organic living.