Detoxing is the easiest way to reboot your entire body. And we’ve prepared you 10 super delicious detox water recipes for you to enjoy.
Are you interested in flushing out harmful toxins from your body? Do you want to detox and enjoy an excellent state of health? If your answer to either one of these two questions is yes, you have arrived at the right resource.
In the following paragraphs, you will be able to discover 10 interesting detox water recipes.
Best Detox Water Recipes
These detox water recipes are easy to prepare and delicious to taste, allowing you to detox your body and feel better than ever.
1. Apple + Cinnamon
This is one of the easiest detox water recipes to prepare. Here’s how to do it:
- Take an apple of your favorite variety and cut it into thin slices.
- Place the slices and a cinnamon stick into a pitcher. As an alternative, you can use a fruit infuser bottle.
- Add ice and water, storing the detox water into the fridge with at least one hour before serving.
- The container can be refilled several times until the flavor is lost.
The apple slices are rich in antioxidants, providing protection against the damage done by free radicals. They reduce the risk of cancer and other chronic conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, and hypertension. (1)
Cinnamon is well-known for its ability to lower blood glucose, as well as for its antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. (2)
2. Lemon + Lime
This is one of those detox water recipes that won’t just help you flush toxins out of your body but lose excess weight too.
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients: purified water, lemon, and lime, grapefruit and cucumber.
- Slice the fruits and cucumber, then add them to a pitcher.
- Fill it with purified water and place it in the fridge before serving.
You will definitely love the combination of flavors and colors.
The citrus fruits will provide you with the necessary dose of vitamin C, which is well-known for its antioxidant and rejuvenating properties.
Moreover, it can strengthen the immune system and offer protection against skin aging, heart disease, and cardiovascular problems. (3)
Cucumber is intensely hydrating, giving the water a delicious taste.
3. Blueberry + Mandarin Orange
This detox recipe is filled with exciting flavors, not to mention the pleasant colors.
- Begin by cutting the mandarin orange into wedges.
- Add these, together with a handful of blueberries, to a pitcher and fill it with water.
You can also add ice to chill your detox water. It is for the best to store it in the fridge before serving.
Blueberries are chock full of antioxidants, protecting you against a wide range of chronic conditions. They are also rich in fiber and are often presented as superfoods. (4)
Mandarin oranges represent a good source of vitamin C, activating the metabolism. (5)
4. Strawberry + Watermelon + Mint
- To prepare this recipe, begin by cutting watermelon into cubes and mashing it to a pulp.
- Slice the strawberries into halves and crush the fresh mint sprigs.
- Add all of these ingredients to a pitcher and fill it with fresh water.
As always, you can store the detox water in the fridge before serving or add ice for a refreshing taste.
Watermelon is delicious to taste and it has the benefit of keeping the blood pressure stable. It can also moderate the insulin activity and provide relief in the case of sore muscles. (6)
Strawberries are rich in antioxidants, protecting against cancer and other chronic conditions. (7)
Mint facilitates proper digestion, activating the metabolism. (8)
5. Mango + Ginger
If you are looking for terrific flavors, this is the recipe to try out. You can use fresh or frozen mango, either one is fine.
- The ginger root should be peeled and cut into thin slices.
- Add the mango slices and the ginger slices to a pitcher and fill it with water.
- Refrigerate before serving or add ice.
Mango is one of the best fruits to activate your metabolism, facilitating digestion. It has a positive effect on memory and it can stimulate the libido. (9)
Ginger facilitates digestion as well, providing relief from nausea and other digestive complaints. It also has potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. (10)
6. Raspberry + Orange
This is one of those detox water recipes that are perfect for a hot summer day, especially if you will add ice.
- Take a ripe orange and cut it into slices, making sure to take out the seeds.
- Add these to a water pitcher, together with a handful of fresh raspberries.
Raspberries have a unique flavor and, at the same time, they are rich in beneficial vitamins and minerals. They contain a lot of healthy antioxidants, reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease and improving memory. (11)
Oranges represent a good source of vitamin C, with proven antioxidant properties.
Cucumber water is one of the classic detox recipes you have to give a try.
- Take one medium-sized cucumber and cut it into slices. You can also peel it if you prefer. It is recommended to choose organic cucumbers, as these have the lowest risk of pesticide contamination.
- Add the slices to a pitcher of fresh water and enjoy the refreshing taste.
Cucumbers have a lot of benefits to offer, being rich in vitamins and antioxidants, especially flavonoids. They have anti-inflammatory properties, supporting brain health. (12)
8. Lemon + Berries
This is one of the best detox water recipes, having a creamy, fresh taste.
- Add lemon slices, blueberries and raspberries into a pitcher. You can use fresh or frozen berries, whichever you have in your kitchen.
- Fill the pitcher with water and refrigerate before serving.
As already mentioned, lemon is rich in vitamin C, with numerous health benefits.
Berries are rich in antioxidants and they support the healthy functioning of the digestive system.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar + Citrus
This detox beverage is great for flushing out all harmful toxins from your body.
- Add lemon and lime slices to a pitcher, as well as fresh mint leaves and apple cider vinegar.
- Begin with one tablespoon of vinegar and increase the quantity gradually.
- Fill the pitcher with water and refrigerate before serving.
The benefits of citrus fruits and mint have already been presented above.
As for apple cider vinegar, it has excellent detoxifying properties and it supports the health of the liver and the digestive tract. (13)
10. Lemon + Cayenne Pepper
If you are looking to spice things up, this beverage is ideal for you.
- For one serving, take a pitcher and add the following ingredients: lemon or lime juice, organic maple syrup, and cayenne pepper.
- Fill the pitcher with purified water and refrigerate before serving.
Citrus fruits are rich in antioxidants and they can help you maintain a youthful appearance, eliminating harmful toxins from within the body.
Cayenne pepper has wonderful cleansing properties, activating the metabolism and supporting digestive health. (14)
In conclusion, these are some of the best detox water recipes for you to try out. As you have seen, these recipes are quite easy to follow and have numerous benefits to offer in return.
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.