Whenever you’re eating a watermelon, don’t throw the seeds! They’re the key ingredient for a powerful detox drink: watermelon seed tea.
If you only know that watermelon is great for health, then just wait till you get to know about its seeds benefits! Yes, watermelon seeds can do wonders to your body.
If you think you have to chew the seeds, then you are wrong! It is a watermelon seed detox drink that you need to make.
Talking of watermelon seeds, the first thing that you must know is their nutritional components:
- Unsaturated fats;
- Vitamins: A, B1 (niacin, thiamine, folate), B6, C;
- Basic protein;
- Pantothenic corrosive;
Now, that you know how nutritious these seeds are, the next step is to learn about the superior benefits of the tea made from watermelon seeds.
The Benefits Of Watermelon
Here is why this watermelon seed tea is so great for your body and health:
1. Fights Cancer
2. Helps Detox Your Kidney And Urinary Tract
It has a high detoxing capacity which improves kidney functioning and urinary tract.
Moreover, medical experts also recommend watermelon for it’s high content of potassium to flush out kidney stones. (2)
It was first used in the 20th century when scientists found out the antioxidant composition of these seeds. Since then, people are using watermelon seeds to treat urine infections and kidney stones.
3. Controls Blood Pressure
These seeds have the capacity to dilate blood vessels and reduce high blood pressure. Also, helps to fight against cardiovascular diseases. (3)
4. Fights Fatigue
People who are down with body fatigue, it is time you overcome that with these high energy watermelon seeds. Watermelon juice also helps relieve sore muscles. (4)
One cup of watermelon has only 46 calories (including seeds). (5) It contains lycopene, which triggers the body energy level and helps you to improve your system.
5. Aids Digestion
It contains a laxative, which is extremely good for digestion. Not only that, but it will also improve your metabolic rate.
The next question is how will you make this tea? You will get help in this too!
How To Make A Watermelon Seed Tea
You need 2 things to make this watermelon seed tea:
- 4 tablespoons of watermelon seeds;
- 2 liters of water.
Preparation is simple, as any other kind of tea would be:
- Dry the watermelon seed naturally for 1-2 hours.
- Crush the fresh seeds in a food processor or mortar and pestle.
- Put the seeds in a boiling water, and let it boil for 2-3 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pot. Let it covered for 5 minutes.
- Sieve the tea and put it in a bottle.
For best results, it is advisable to follow these tips:
- Drink it on an empty stomach in the morning. For the rest of the day, have half a cup of watermelon seed tea after each meal.
- Make sure you take a day off after 2 days of drinking the tea. Continue this process for at least a month.
- In case you feel it is too strong in taste, you can simply add 150 grams of watermelon juice.
- If you want to try something handier with this process, make some tea bags. Just add the crushed seed mixture in a DIY tea bag and use it two to three times a day. You can also easily carry these tea bags while traveling and enjoy good health.
- For extra flavor, add green tea and mix it together in a tea bag.
Add Powerful Ingredients To Aid Weight Loss
These powerful ingredients increases the rate of your metabolism and help you lose those extra pounds with ease:
- Add lemon in the warm watermelon seed tea.
- Ginger also works great, and it helps to reduce inflammation too.
- A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Add fennel to the hot tea.
- Cinnamon and flaxseeds also do great with this watermelon seed tea.
Drink this healthy tea for a month to detox your body and get back into shape. Sip a cup of watermelon seed tea and enjoy your health!
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.