Even if the internet is full of it, you should already know that there are no shortcuts to getting 6-pack abs. You can achieve a six pack only through a combination of nutritious foods and core-strengthening exercises.
So what to eat to get 6-pack abs? What moves work best your abdominal area? These two questions are like a starting point for getting strong abs; if you don’t know the answers, you shouldn’t involve in the process.
The simple fact that not everyone has 6-pack abs should tell you something. It should tell you that it’s not easy to get them and that you need to truly commit to this goal. Now let’s see what kind of foods you need to eat to speed up your abs building process.
Top 6 Foods For 6-Pack Abs
Nuts are used to recover your muscles after a workout. They include walnuts, almonds and cashews.
2. Olive Oil
Prepare your food with olive oil to prevent muscle breakdown.
3. Leafy Greens
Eat leafy greens to get your daily recommended intake of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
4. Whole Grains
Keep your stomach full adding fiber from whole grains to your every meal.
Eat blueberries, raspberries and strawberries to add more vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants to your diet.
6. Protein Rich Foods
If you want to build muscle mass, may it be 6-pack abs or any other muscle in your body, you need to eat foods with high content of protein. Here you can find a great list with top 10 protein rich foods: Top 10 Protein Sources To Integrate Into Your Diet.
Top 6 Exercises For 6-Pack Abs
Perform at least 3 sets of each exercise for 2-3 times per week.
2. Russian Twists
Reps: 15-20 per side
3. Side Planks
Time: 3 minutes (30 seconds x 3 reps per each side)
4. Bicycle Crunches
Reps: 15-20 per side
5. Leg Raises
6. Regular Planks
Time: 3 minutes (30 seconds x 6 reps)
You can do regular planks, or you can choose a different type of plank for each set. Here you can find a variety of plank exercises: 7 Plank Variations To Spice Up Your Workout.
Tips To Get 6-Pack Abs
- Use the progressive method to always challenge your abdominal muscles.
- Drink a glass of water every time you think you’re hungry. Eat only if you’re still hungry.
- Rest your muscles! Doing this workout for 6-pack abs 3 times per week doesn’t mean doing it Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. You need to let your abdominal muscles to rest at least 24 hours, so try working out your abs on Monday, Wednesday and Friday maybe.
- Avoid consuming food products that contain an excessive amount of sodium or sugar.
- When you’re not sure what training program to follow, rely on programs developed by real bodybuilders and fitness models. They’ve tried all kind of things throughout their life to build muscles, so they know what works best and what doesn’t.
- Don’t give up! Never!
Best Moves And Foods For 6-Pack Abs Infographic
Here are 6 of the best moves and foods to help you sculpt your 6-pack abs:
Image credits: HealthCentral