There’s more than crunches when trying to work your abs. Each of the abdominal muscles needs to be trained at a different rate. But this plank workout will engage your entire midsection in just 5 minutes.
Besides those six-pack abs, there is another important muscle group that makes up your core: side abs. There’s no single exercise that can work the entire core and that’s why it’s so hard to get a ripped waist.
The 5-minute plank workout doesn’t require any movement, which is really amazing. You’re toning your abs, butt, chest, and back just by holding your position. Don’t worry, you’re still going to feel the burn!
5-Minute Plank Workout
Below are 4 types of planks used in this super-fast workout. But there are more plank variations, so be free to switch things up if you feel so.
1. Full Plank
The classic plank, or full plank, or just plank is the most simple, but powerful bodyweight exercise. It strengthens your entire body, from head to toes. It also helps you correct your posture and balance.
Hold in the plank position for at least 30 seconds, two times per workout.
2. Elbow Plank
Get in a plank position, but instead of supporting your body with the palms of your hands, do it with your forearms. Do 2 sets of 30 seconds each.
3. Raised Leg Plank
Align your body in an elbow plank and raise one leg above the other. Maintain the position for 30 seconds, then switch legs. Again, hold it tight for 30 more seconds.
4. Side Plank
Do this exercise for at least 30 seconds on each side. Try to maintain a straight line from your head to your feet.
To get the most out of this plank workout, try to repeat it two more times per day.
Tip: Engage your abdominal muscles as much as you can during the entire workout!
Watch Your Diet!
Of course, working out without a proper diet is not gonna give you maximum results. So make sure to follow the basics of a healthy diet:
- Add more protein to your diet with protein-rich foods.
- The only liquid you should drink is water. Avoid alcoholic beverages, sodas, energy drinks, and any other unhealthy drinks. And make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
- Stay away from sugars. No more doughnuts, chocolate, cakes, or candies from now on if you want to get six-pack abs.
- Fast food is the number one enemy of your belly. So if you’re looking for a flat and toned belly, you must avoid processed foods and try to cook healthy food at home.
- Eat a salad every day. Make this a rule and stick to it. Salads fill you up and are full of nutrients.
- If you’re new to working out, you might want to go for a pre workout supplement to help you recover and ease the fatigue after the workout.
5-Minute Plank Infographic
Here is a pinnable infographic with the 5-minute plank workout.