You simply can’t lose weight without daily physical activity and a low-calorie meal plan. So to help you lose weight fast, here’s a 1200-calorie meal plan for an entire week. I know 1200 calories per day is below specialists’ recommendation, that’s why I recommend you to burn 200 to 500 calories through workout every day.
This way you can eat 200 to 500-calorie extra foods of your choice each day. So performing a 500-calorie workout, your daily calorie intake can increase to 1700. Not bad, right? But remember, you need to exercise every day, no exception. Even one hour of walking counts!
1200-Calorie Meal Plan – Day 1
- Mix 3/4 cup of bran flakes with one cup of fat-free milk and one banana.
- Make a sandwich with 1 mini whole wheat pita, 3 ounces of turkey breast, half roasted pepper, a teaspoon of light mayonnaise, mustard and lettuce.
- One stick part-skim mozzarella string cheese.
- 2 Kiwis.
- 4 ounces broiled flounder or sole.
- Sprinkle 2 plum tomatoes (sliced) with 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese and broil them until just golden.
- One cup of cooked couscous.
- One cup of steamed broccoli.
- A fat-free pudding cup.
1200-Calorie Meal Plan – Day 2
- Make a smoothie blending 1 cup of frozen berries, 1/2 banana and 8 ounces of fat-free milk.
- Half English muffin spread with one teaspoon of light margarine.
- A cup of vegetable soup.
- One veggie burger in a mini whole wheat pita with lettuce and salsa.
- One light yogurt (6 ounces).
- About 15 grapes.
- 4 ounces of chicken breast, grilled.
- Half cup of baked beans.
- 3 small boiled red potatoes topped with a teaspoon of light margarine and a pinch of dill.
1200-Calorie Meal Plan – Day 3
- Cook an oatmeal in your microwave with these ingredients: half cup of quick-cooking oats, 3/4 cup of fat-free milk, half apple (chopped), a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Make a chicken salad tossing 4 ounces of shredded, skinless, roast chicken breast with 1/4 cup of sliced red grapes, a tablespoon of slivered almonds, a tablespoon of light mayonnaise and a tablespoon of fat-free sour cream. You can serve the chicken salad over lettuce.
- A banana.
- 4 ounces steamed shrimp.
- A baked potato topped with 3 tablespoons of salsa and a tablespoon of fat-free sour cream.
- 3 cups of spinach, steamed.
- A low-fat frozen fudge bar.
1200-Calorie Meal Plan – Day 4
- Half toasted English muffin topped with half small apple (sliced) and one ounce of shredded reduced-fat cheese (any type). Microwave it for about 30 seconds or until the cheese is melting.
- 6 ounces of light yogurt sprinkled with a tablespoon of slivered almonds.
- A cup of tomato soup.
- Make a sandwich with a mini whole wheat pita, 3 ounces of thinly sliced roast beef, a teaspoon of horseradish, mustard, a few tomato slices and lettuce.
- A cup of raw veggies.
- A pear.
- 3 ounces of poached salmon.
- Toss a cups of coleslaw mix and 2 green onions (sliced) with 2 tablespoons of fat-free dressing (max 30 calories per 2 tbsp).
- A cup of cooked brown rice.
- Half cup of pineapple chunks in juice.
1200-Calorie Meal Plan – Day 5
- A cup of Cheerios with 8 ounces fat-free milk, 1 tablespoon of slivered almonds and a half cup of berries.
- Spread 1/4 cup of fat-free refried beans over a small whole wheat tortilla. Then sprinkle on one ounce of shredded reduced-fat cheese. Top with salsa and another tortilla and microwave it for about a minute.
- Half cup of low-fat cottage cheese topped with half cup of mandarin orange sections.
- A few cucumber spears.
- 3 ounces roasted pork tenderloin.
- A cup of baked acorn squash (mashed) with a pinch of cinnamon.
- 2 to 3 cups of salad greens with 2 tablespoons fat-free dressing.
- Half cup of vanilla fat-free frozen yogurt topped with a cup of berries.
1200-Calorie Meal Plan – Day 6
- A toasted frozen waffle, spread with a tablespoon of peanut butter and topped with half banana (sliced).
- 8 ounces of fat-free milk.
- A mini whole wheat pita, 2 ounces of water-packed light tuna, a tablespoon of light mayonnaise, mustard and a few slices of cucumber and onion.
- 10 baby carrots.
- 6 ounces of light yogurt mixed with half banana.
- Combine 3/4 cup of cooked brown rice with half cup of corn, 2 ounces of cooked turkey sausage (sliced), 1/3 cup of salsa and 1/4 cup of canned kidney beans. Then heat it.
- 3 cups of steamed spinach.
- A medium apple.
1200-Calorie Meal Plan – Day 7
- Half toasted English muffin layered with one ounce of reduced-fat cheese (sliced), a tomato (sliced), half cup of steamed spinach (drained) and a poached egg.
- One grapefruit.
- Make a black bean salad tossing half cup of canned black beans, half cup of mandarin orange sections, chopped red bell peppers, red onion and scallions with a teaspoon of vinegar. Then serve it over salad greens.
- One mini whole wheat pita.
- A pear.
- 3 ounces broiled or grilled flank steak.
- One baked sweet potato with one teaspoon of light margarine.
- One cup of steamed zucchini.
- Half cup of pineapple chunks in juice.
If you enjoy this 1200-calorie meal plan and want more posts like this, please share this post with your friends and family. Also, the fastest weight loss method is here, just check it out: The Half Day Diet. Stay fit!
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.