You simply can’t lose weight without daily physical activity and a low-calorie meal plan. So to help you lose weight fast, here’s a 1200-calorie meal plan for an entire week.
I know a meal plan with just 1200 calories per day is below specialists’ recommendation, that’s why I recommend you to burn 200 to 500 calories through a workout every day.
This way you can eat 200 to 500-calorie extra foods of your choice each day.
So performing a 500-calorie workout, your daily calorie intake can increase to 1700. Not bad, right?
But remember, you need to exercise every day, no exception. Even one hour of walking counts!
1200-Calorie Meal Plan
Here is what a 1200-calorie meal plan looks like for someone who wants to lose weight fast:
You need to start your week the right way, so here’s what you should consume on the first day of the diet:
- Mix 3/4 cup of bran flakes with one cup of fat-free milk and one banana.
- Make a sandwich with 1 mini whole wheat pita, 3 ounces of turkey breast, half roasted pepper, a teaspoon of light mayonnaise, mustard, and lettuce.
- One stick part-skim mozzarella string cheese.
- 2 Kiwis.
- 4 ounces broiled flounder or sole.
- Sprinkle 2 plum tomatoes (sliced) with 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese and broil them until just golden.
- One cup of cooked couscous.
- One cup of steamed broccoli.
- A fat-free pudding cup.
- Make a smoothie blending 1 cup of frozen berries, 1/2 banana, and 8 ounces of fat-free milk.
- Half English muffin spread with one teaspoon of light margarine.
- A cup of vegetable soup.
- One veggie burger in a mini whole wheat pita with lettuce and salsa.
- One light yogurt (6 ounces).
- About 15 grapes.
- 4 ounces of chicken breast, grilled.
- Half cup of baked beans.
- 3 small boiled red potatoes topped with a teaspoon of light margarine and a pinch of dill.
- Cook an oatmeal in your microwave with these ingredients: half cup of quick-cooking oats, 3/4 cup of fat-free milk, half apple (chopped), a teaspoon of honey, and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Make a chicken salad tossing 4 ounces of shredded, skinless, roast chicken breast with 1/4 cup of sliced red grapes, a tablespoon of slivered almonds, a tablespoon of light mayonnaise, and a tablespoon of fat-free sour cream. You can serve the chicken salad over lettuce.
- A banana.
- 4 ounces steamed shrimp.
- A baked potato topped with 3 tablespoons of salsa and a tablespoon of fat-free sour cream.
- 3 cups of spinach, steamed.
- A low-fat frozen fudge bar.
- Half toasted English muffin topped with half small apple (sliced) and one ounce of shredded reduced-fat cheese (any type). Microwave it for about 30 seconds or until the cheese is melting.
- 6 ounces of light yogurt sprinkled with a tablespoon of slivered almonds.
- A cup of tomato soup.
- Make a sandwich with a mini whole wheat pita, 3 ounces of thinly sliced roast beef, a teaspoon of horseradish, mustard, a few tomato slices, and lettuce.
- A cup of raw veggies.
- A pear.
- 3 ounces of poached salmon.
- Toss a cup of coleslaw mix and 2 green onions (sliced) with 2 tablespoons of fat-free dressing (max 30 calories per 2 tbsp).
- A cup of cooked brown rice.
- Half cup of pineapple chunks in juice.
- A cup of Cheerios with 8 ounces fat-free milk, 1 tablespoon of slivered almonds, and a half cup of berries.
- Spread 1/4 cup of fat-free refried beans over a small whole wheat tortilla. Then sprinkle on one ounce of shredded reduced-fat cheese. Top with salsa and another tortilla and microwave it for about a minute.
- Half cup of low-fat cottage cheese topped with a half cup of mandarin orange sections.
- A few cucumber spears.
- 3 ounces of roasted pork tenderloin.
- A cup of baked acorn squash (mashed) with a pinch of cinnamon.
- 2 to 3 cups of salad greens with 2 tablespoons fat-free dressing.
- Half cup of vanilla fat-free frozen yogurt topped with a cup of berries.
- Spread a tablespoon of peanut butter on a toasted frozen waffle and top it with half banana (sliced).
- 8 ounces of fat-free milk.
- A mini whole wheat pita, 2 ounces of water-packed light tuna, a tablespoon of light mayonnaise, mustard, and a few slices of cucumber and onion.
- 10 baby carrots.
- 6 ounces of light yogurt mixed with half banana.
- Combine 3/4 cup of cooked brown rice with a half cup of corn, 2 ounces of cooked turkey sausage (sliced), 1/3 cup of salsa, and 1/4 cup of canned kidney beans. Then heat it.
- 3 cups of steamed spinach.
- A medium apple.
- Half toasted English muffin layered with one ounce of reduced-fat cheese (sliced), a tomato (sliced), half cup of steamed spinach (drained), and a poached egg.
- One grapefruit.
- Make a black bean salad tossing half a cup of canned black beans, half a cup of mandarin orange sections, chopped red bell peppers, red onion, and scallions with a teaspoon of vinegar. Then serve it over salad greens.
- One mini whole wheat pita.
- A pear.
- 3 ounces broiled or grilled flank steak.
- One baked sweet potato with one teaspoon of light margarine.
- One cup of steamed zucchini.
- Half cup of pineapple chunks in juice.
If you enjoy this 1200-calorie meal plan and want more posts like this, please share this post with your friends and family. Stay fit!