Strawberry focaccia recipe is very easy to prepare and it doesn’t require cooking experience. I know you will definitely enjoy it, because it’s simply irresistible. Let’s see how we can bake this super-tasty strawberry focaccia.
Best Strawberry Focaccia Recipe (With Onions)
What do we need for the dough:
- Dry yeast 35g;
- Warm water (100 degrees F) 1 cup;
- Honey 1 tsp;
- White flour 2 and a half cups;
- Kosher salt 1 tsp;
- A quarter cup of olive oil (plus 4 tbsp separately).
What do we need for the onions:
- Canola oil 3 tbsp;
- Red onion 1 medium, quartered and thinly sliced;
- Balsamic vinegar 2 tsp;
- Honey 2 tsp;
- A pinch of salt;
- Black pepper (to taste).
What do we need for toppings:
- Strawberries 1 cup (thinly sliced lengthwise);
- 5 fresh basil leaves, sliced;
- Goat cheese 225g;
- A pinch of sea salt.
How do we make it?
- Mix together honey, yeast and warm water and let them 5 minutes until appear bubbles on the top.
- Add a quarter cup of olive oil to the mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Stir together flour and kosher salt in a separate bowl.
- Combine the 2 mixtures and knead for about 5 minutes, until the dough is sticky.
- Place the dough into a bowl greased with 2 tbsp of olive oil, cover it with a dish towel and let it rise for about an hour.
- Heat canola oil in a sauce pan, then add the onions, pepper and salt. Stir until golden-brown.
- Then add honey and balsamic vinegar and cook about 5 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Brush the baking pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil, add the dough, then brush the dough with another tbsp of olive oil.
- Let the dough in the pan for about 30 minutes, until it puffs up slightly.
- Press the strawberry slices onto the surface of the dough.
- Sprinkle basil leaves, onions, half of the cheese and sea salt on top.
- Bake about 20 minutes at 450 degrees F, until lightly golden.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
I recommend you to serve this strawberry focaccia with a citrusy olive oil for dipping. If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your friends. This strawberry focaccia recipe is the best food you’ve ever tasted (in your cheat days, of course). For those on diet, here you might find some healthier options.