Tasty and low in calories, pineapple is found in supermarkets throughout the whole year, both fresh and preserved. The area nearest to the base of pineapple contains more sugar and is sweeter and softer.
The benefits of pineapple for the human body are numerous, so we propose to discover them together!
A cup of fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into cubes has only 82 calories and is a suitable food during times in which you follow a weight loss diet. A single serving of fresh pineapple gives you 94% of your daily vitamin C, and a significant dose of manganese, vitamins and dietary fiber, including enzymes.
What Vitamins And Minerals Contains Pineapple?
Most of the pineapple calories (few in number!) came from carbs – about 21 grams per serving of 150 grams. Like all fruits, and pineapple contain sugar, but this luscious fruit is low in fat and protein (less than 1 g per serving).
A Serving Of Pineapple Contains:
- Vitamin C: 94% of the RDA (recommended daily allowance). Pineapple is an excellent source of vitamin C, the most important soluble antioxidant in the human body. Vitamin C protects the entire body from free radicals that attack and damage healthy cells.
- Manganese: 76% of the RDA. Manganese is essential for metabolism of amino acids, cholesterol and carbohydrates.
- Fiber: 9% of RDA. Pineapple is a good source of dietary fiber essential for healthy digestion. Pineapple contains including an enzyme called bromelain, which breaks protein molecules, aids digestion and supports the healing of the entire body.
- Vitamin B6: 9% of RDA. Besides vitamin B6, pineapple also contains other water-soluble vitamins B complex, all essential for human health.
- Copper: 9% of RDA. Pineapple contains a significant amount of copper, and other minerals such as potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and zinc in a less amount.
- Folate: 7% RDA. The human body needs folate to synthesize constantly and DNA repair, but becomes more important folic acid during the preconception and pregnancy in a woman’s life.
The Benefits Of Pineapple
It contains a large amount of essential nutrients and brings many health benefits, so you will want to include this fruit in your weekly menu. Pineapple contains enzymes that help digest proteins, especially bromelain, which has a number of benefits to human health. Bromelain supports digestion in the intestinal tract and has anti-inflammatory effect.
On the other hand, eating pineapple promotes immune system, due to its high vitamin C content. Immune functions of the body are stimulated and thus more resistant to infection, flu and colds. In addition, this powerful antioxidant is fighting plaque buildup that causes atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease. Maintain healthy colon prevents damage to the colon, which can cause cancer.