You’re eating breakfast wrong, even if you think you’re having breakfast the healthy and right way. No matter how good you are at this, there are even better ways to prepare a healthy breakfast meal.
I’m not saying these are the only right ways you can make your morning meal, but they’re definitely the easiest and fastest ways to prepare the most delicious breakfast.
Check this list with breakfast hacks and give them a try to see that you’ve been eating breakfast wrong this whole time. Enjoy!
You Make Scrambled Eggs In A Pan You Open New Cereal From The Top Of The Bag You Eat Yogurt And Drink Coffee You're Eating Breakfast Wrong If You Cook Your Oatmeal You Pour Cereal From The Box You Pour Milk After Cereals You Eat Cereal In A Bowl You Cook Eggs Every Single Morning You Eat Yogurt With A Spoon You Cook Pancakes On The Stove You Top Your Toast With Jam You Eat Fruit-Flavored Yogurt You Use A Kettle To Make A Cup Of Tea You Slice Bananas For Peanut Butter Toast You Drink Juice You Add Ice To Your Smoothie You Don't Eat Breakfast
You Make Scrambled Eggs In A Pan
Scrambled eggs made in the pan are not healthy at all! Instead, cook it for about one minute in the microwave, in a microwave-save mug.
What you’ll get is a super-fluffy omelette without extra fats from the greasy cooking oil. Also, you’ll have fewer dishes to clean. You’re welcome!
You Open New Cereal From The Top Of The Bag
Avoid being stuck with just crumbs when you reach the bottom of the cereal bag by simply flipping the box/bag before opening it. Easy, but I bet you didn’t think of that.
You Eat Yogurt And Drink Coffee
Instead of drinking coffee and eating a yogurt for breakfast, why not blend them together? Add some ice cubes and a little sweetener and your caffeine-packed breakfast is ready!
You’re Eating Breakfast Wrong If You Cook Your Oatmeal
When you wake up a little bit later in the morning, even instant oatmeal takes like forever to cook and cool down. In this case, a no-cook, overnight oatmeal would be perfect:
- In the evening, combine equal amounts of milk and oatmeal in a mug/mason jar.
- Add a few dried fruits and maple syrup for sweetness.
- Sprinkle cinnamon if you are a fan.
- Cover it and let it cool down overnight, in the fridge.
- In the morning, you can just grab the soften overnight oatmeal and eat it. No prep time in the morning.
You Pour Cereal From The Box
Even though you enjoy those crunchy cereals, I’m sure being healthy is more important for you. So keep your serving size in check and don’t pour the entire box of cereals in your bowl. Instead, use a measuring cup.
You Pour Milk After Cereals
If you like the pool of milk at the bottom of the cereals bowl, then continue eating breakfast wrong! But for those who want the “perfect” cereal-to-milk ratio, pour half a cup milk in the bowl, then add a scoop of cereals.
You Eat Cereal In A Bowl
It’s so easy to overeat when you’re eating your cereals in a bowl, which often holds more than one serving of cereals. Use a smaller cup instead, such as teacups or mugs.
You Cook Eggs Every Single Morning
Instead of cooking eggs every morning, prepare all of them at once, for the entire week. You’ll save a lot of time and effort. Here’s how to do it:
- Crack the eggs in a big bowl, add the spices you want and scramble them.
- Grease a muffin pan and pour the eggs evenly in each muffin cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, until it’s done.
- Cover with foil and store in the fridge.
- Reheat in the morning and your breakfast is served in under 2 minutes.
You Eat Yogurt With A Spoon
Using a spoon is the easiest way to eat your yogurt and this doesn’t mean you’re eating breakfast wrong. But there are a couple of ways you can still enjoy your yogurt if you’ve lost all the spoons:
- Make yourself a yogurt pop by sticking a popsicle stick through the lid and freezing it.
- Create a scoop from the foil lid (if it has one) and enjoy the yogurt.
You Cook Pancakes On The Stove
Unless you’re cooking pancakes for the whole family, it doesn’t worth the mess. Here’s what to do if it’s just yourself:
- In a mug, whisk 1/4 cup Bisquick with a fork.
- Add milk until the mug is half full.
- Microwave it for 1-2 minutes.
- Enjoy your fluffy mug pancake.
You Top Your Toast With Jam
Unless you want a carbs-only meal for breakfast, toast with jam = you’re eating breakfast wrong!
To add more nutrients and proteins, and feel more packed with energy, top the toast with cream cheese, peanut butter, or even deli meat.
You Eat Fruit-Flavored Yogurt
Fruit-flavoured yogurt has more sugar than protein, so switch to plain Greek yogurt. This one has more protein than sugar and it’s really easy to make it even more delicious:
- To sweeten the yogurt, add some fruits, frozen or diced. This will also add some extra fiber!
- Add a tablespoon of peanut butter or a few almonds to keep you full for longer.
- Spice it up a little with some cinnamon or cocoa powder.
You Use A Kettle To Make A Cup Of Tea
If you’re making your morning tea in a classic tea pot, then you’re eating breakfast wrong! It takes too long to prepare it, and you also have to wait too long for the tea to cool down. Here’s how to save time when making your tea in the morning:
- Put a tea bag in the coffee pod compartment of your single-serving coffee maker.
- The tea will steep while the water drips and come out the perfect temperature.
- Enjoy a super-fast cup of tea!
You Slice Bananas For Peanut Butter Toast
Instead of the toast with peanut butter and banana slices, make yourself a banana hot dog. Cut a hot dog bun in half, spread both sides with peanut butter and put a whole banana inside. Save time and get the best ratio of nutrients in every bite.
You Drink Juice
You Add Ice To Your Smoothie
If you add too much ice to your smoothie, the taste of the fruits fades. So why not using frozen fruits and less or none ice cubes? You know you have to try it!
You Don’t Eat Breakfast
Y U NO EAT BREAKFAST? You’re eating breakfast wrong! Because yes, you’ll eat breakfast, eventually, just not in the morning.
You should eat a fruit or something even if you don’t get hungry in the morning. This way you’ll avoid later pig-outs when they inevitably hit.
Images credits: Kathleen Kamphausen for Cosmopolitan
Best diets in 2018
- The Red Tea Detox
Melt away 1 pound of fat per day.
- 3 Weeks Diet
Lose at least 12 pounds in 21 days.
- Half Day Diet
Eat delicious carbs and still lose weight.
- Lean Belly Breakthrough
Lose a pound of belly fat every 72 hours.
- The Beta Switch Diet
Women's best weight loss program.
- Keto Diet - The Truth
Get thin from within.