Your body is 60% to 75% water and you can survive without water only 3-4 days. Water also gets the wastes out of your body, but if you have water deficit, your body will recycle dirty water, which is not a good thing.
These are simple facts about water that all of us know or at least have heard of them. But how about some shocking things about water that no one has taught us? Here they are:
1. Almost half the world population doesn’t drink enough water and is chronically dehydrated. In United States more than 70% of people don’t drink the recommended 2 liters of water per day.
2. More than one third of Americans confuse thirst with hunger and eat a snack instead of drinking a glass of water.
3. Even mild dehydration will slow down your metabolism, dampen your mood, give you headaches and increase fatigue..
4. You will reduce your midnight hunger with almost 100% if you drink one glass of water.
5. In most cases, your daytime fatigue is caused due to lack of water.
6. Studies have shown that in 80% of the cases, you can reduce your joint and back pain if you drink 2-2.5 liters of water every day.
7. If your body water drops even with just 2%, you can become fuzzy, have trouble with basic math and also with focusing on the monitor.
8. The risks of colon, breast and bladder cancer can be reduced by 45% if you drink 5 glasses of water daily.
Now the question is, would you like a glass of water?
One can of Coke has 140 calories and 39 grams of sugar. And just to put that in perspective, that’s 10 teaspoons of sugar in one can of Coke. But you already know this, so let’s move on to some more interesting Coke facts:
1. There are some states where after a car accident the blood from the highway is removed with a few bottles of Coke.
2. You can do magic with Coke. Just put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and check it in a couple of days. You’ll be surprised to see that the steak has been magically vanished.
3. You can clean the toilet with a bottle of Coke because the citric acid in Coke removes strains from vitreous china. Just pour a can of Coke into the toilet bowl and flush it after one hour.
4. Rub the chrome car bumpers with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coke to remove rust spots.
5. You can remove the corrosion from the car battery terminals just by pouring some Coke on them.
6. With a cloth soaked in Coke you can loosen a rusted bolt in just a few minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham, you need to wrap it in aluminum foil and bake it into a pan filled with Coke. Then remove the foil with thirty minutes before ham is finished. In the end you’ll get a moist ham with sumptuous brown gravy.
8. Put some Coke together with detergent over your grease laundry and run through a regular cycle to lose grease stains.
Phosphoric acid is the active ingredient in Coke and it’s so strong that will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. It is a major contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis because it leaches calcium from bones.
The commercial trucks that carry Coke syrup must use a “Hazardous Materials” place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials. Also, the drivers of these trucks have been using Coke to clean engines for about 20 years.
Now the question is, would you still drink Coke?