How do you pop and treat breakouts can determine how long you have to live with their memory. Here is your straightforward step-by-step guide with everything you need to know to safely pop and treat breakouts like an expert.
How To Treat Breakouts
Some people may say you should never pop a pimple, but the truth is they’re wrong. In fact, if you do it right, popping a pimple can speed up healing time, reduce scarring and inflammation and get rid of the unaesthetic white head.
1. Pop The Pimple
As long as you can see an obvious white head (not a deep, red swollen bump far below the skin’s surface), you can follow these steps to pop and treat breakouts:
- Cleanse your face with a gentle water-soluble cleanser first (water kept at room temperature to avoid making the blemish redder).
- Lightly massage your skin with a soft, wet washcloth to remove dead skin cells. Don’t scrub too much!
- Your skin is more vulnerable to creating a scab when it’s wet, so dry your skin first.
- Place the opening of the comedone extractor over the center of the pimple. Then gently, with very little pressure push the comedone extractor down on the white head and move it across the pimple to release the contents.
- Repeat this one or two more times if needed.
Remember to be gentle, because if you overdo it you will create a scab and risk scarring. The goal is to remove the whitehead without creating a scab or damaging the surrounding skin. What’s the point of removing a pimple, when there’s a scab left instead, right?!
2. Banish The Blemish
3. Cover The Blemish (If Needed)
Sometimes you can’t just stay in your home waiting for the blemish to disappear. Maybe you need to go to an event and can’t let those pimples ruin your plans. Here’s how to apply a correct makeup to make your blemish unnoticeable (After you popped the pimple and treated the blemish with skin creams):
- Prep the area with a mattifying serum to ease the concealer application.
- Apply a matte concealer that matches your skin tone exactly.
- Use your finger or a concealer brush and gently dab a small amount of concealer onto the center of the blemish. Blend it softly outward and create an even coverage that sheers out to the unaffected skin around the blemish.
- Apply a layer of powder over the concealed blemish with a small eyeshadow brush.
Tip: To make sure it doesn’t look like there is a clump of makeup color over the blemish you should do the makeup process in daylight. After all, it should look natural, not obvious.
Pimples do happen to all of us at some point in our life, even if some people rarely breakout. Now you have 3 simple steps you can use to treat breakouts like an expert and get rid of them once and forever. Here is another great method to get rid of acne you can try. Stay healthy!
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.