Issues with dry skin are visible and an embarrassing condition. The situation is worse if patches of dry skin appear around the face. The most common areas of the body that get affected by dry skin are areas like the legs, arms and the hands.
It is important to see for a dry skin remedy as it would lead to other worse conditions. If not treated in advance, it could lead to the skin breaking and providing an avenue for bacterial infection, and this could lead to serious cases of dermatitis. The causes of a dry skin condition are numerous, but it depends on skin type, living conditions, lifestyle and the climatic factors.
Top Causes Of Dry Skin
1. The skin contains natural oils that keep it moisturized. Exposure of the skin to hot water for a very long time like in the working environment dries up the natural oil leaving a dry skin.
2. Another factor that could lead to stripping away the natural protective oil of the skin is the type of soap used for bathing. Some soap is harsh on the skin and may even lead to breaking, but this will, however, differ with the type of the skin. Herbal soaps are the best and can rarely lead to a dry skin.
3. Dry air is another dominant cause of dry skin, and this is mostly in the winter and can be worse when the temperatures are low. The condition becomes worse when the environment is humid and harsh winds are blowing.
4. People that do not take enough amount of water are likely to get dehydrated down to their skin, and this also could lead to a dry skin.
5. Excessive rubbing or scrubbing especially during bathing and in case of skin irritation amounts to excessive friction that strips away the skin oil leaving it dry.
6. People who have certain conditions could be given medication that is not gentle on their skin. Some of these conditions include acne, high blood pressure and retinoid. Medication for some skin conditions could also lead to a dry skin.
7. The skin can also be dry because of various medical problems. Such medical conditions include diabetes, psoriasis, eczema, thyroid and fluctuations in glucose level. Some medical conditions could cause severe hormonal changes and imbalances in women leading to a dry skin.
Best Home Remedies For Dry Skin
There are some commercial products for the remedy of dry skin. Home remedies are known to work best. Many people prefer them because they are cheap, effective and have reduced side effects.
1. Papaya and Avocado Paste
You just make a mixture of the two and apply it all over your face. You then leave it for fifteen minutes. The skin absorbs the nutrients in these fruits and leaves the skin nourished. This will help in easing on cracks, reducing dryness, and removing scars from face.
2. Egg Yolk Paste
You make a mixture of a teaspoon of honey, egg and a teaspoon of milk powder. Apply the mixture on the face and leave it for at least twenty minutes. You then wash the paste away and make sure that you rinse the face with plenty of clean water. This will leave your skin nourished.
3. Cucumber Face Pack
A mixture of cucumber applied on the face and left for thirty minutes has a great effect. Cucumber face pack does not just nourish your skin but also leaves your skin lighter after working on the dark skin tones. The daily repetition of this application will cause the skin to become lighter, and one will notice within two weeks.
4. Honey And Rose Face Pack
Honey is a natural remedy for many body issues. When mixed with rose water, honey is very good for the skin. It leaves the skin glowing and cleansed. It can be used on the face and around the neck.
5. Banana Paste
Take a whole banana and mash it together with the peels. The peel is nutritious and has a lot of ingredients that are good for the skin. It also contains some vitamins, anti-oxidants and minerals. The mixture nourishes the skin and reliefs the skin off inflammations, and this leaves it smooth and soft.
6. Aloe Vera Gel
Take a slice of Aloe Vera and squeeze it to get the gel. Apply the gel gently on your skin and leave it for thirty minutes and then wash with cold water. This application helps to remove the dead skin and keep it looking luminous and soft. Aloe Vera also helps in keeping impurities away and leaving your skin protected, and clears all signs of early aging.
7. Oil Therapy
Oil therapy is good before a bath. Use coconut oil, almond or olive oil to massage all your body. You then take a few minutes and then go for a shower. This leaves your skin smooth and soft.
8. Curd Paste
Curd Paste can be used alone or mixed with honey. Curd paste has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory proprieties that help the skin remain soft.
The skin is an important part of the body, and it is important to treat it well. Remember that your skin health is a way of showing how the body is functioning inside.
This is a guest post written by Adonia Dennis (@adoniadennis), who is a Health, Beauty and Skin Care adviser. If you enjoyed this article you will definitely enjoy the video below. Feel free to share it with your friends. Stay fit!