Best Fitness Hairstyles For Your Outdoor Activities
There are small things you can’t leave without them, that can hold you back from giving your best when running, biking or practicing yoga. And sometimes those things are your glasses, your phone or even your hairstyle.
That’s why the guys from Refinery29 came up with the best fitness hairstyles you can try for different outdoor activities like climbing, biking, surfing, hiking or yoga. Use these tips to focus on what really matters – staying fit.
Best Fitness Hairstyle For Climbing
Here’s how to make the best fitness hairstyle for climbing:
- Create a deep side-part.
- Braid the front section across the forehead, and secure at the temple with a bobby pin.
- Pull the remaining hair toward the side of the head with the braid.
- Braid all the hair together and secure with an elastic band.
Best Fitness Hairstyle For Biking
Here’s how to make the best fitness hairstyle for biking:
- Section out the front sides of the hair from the ear forward, and secure the remaining hair in the back into a low ponytail.
- Pull one-inch of the front right section of your hair back over the ponytail. Cross it over from right to left and secure with a bobby pin.
- Repeat step 2 for the left side of the head.
- Continue until all the hair in the front has been used ( 4 or 6 sections).
- Pull together at the base of the ponytail all the loose ends from the sections. Secure with another elastic band.
- Loosen the sections with your fingers and hide the elastic band wrapping around it a piece of hair from the ponytail.
Best Fitness Hairstyle For Surfing
Here’s how to make the best fitness hairstyle for surfing:
- Part your hair down the middle.
- French-braid the entire left section of hair from the center part backward and secure with an elastic band.
- Do the same with the right section of hair.
Best Fitness Hairstyle For Yoga
Here’s how to make the best fitness hairstyle for yoga:
- Part your hair down the middle.
- Twist your left section of hair along the crown of your head and secure with bobby pins in the back of your head.
- Secure the loose tail with a bobby pin and move on the right section.
- Repeat the same crown twist on the right section of hair.
- Continue twisting the right loose tail, around the left one, and align it with the first crown twist. Secure the end with pins after you tucked it in.
- Remove the pin on the first tail and continue twisting it. Wrap it around your head and align it with the crown twist. Again, secure the end with pins after you tucked it in.
Best Fitness Hairstyle For Hiking
Here’s how to make the best fitness hairstyle for hiking:
- Pull the top third of the hair back into a ponytail.
- Separate the above-elastic portion of the ponytail in half, creating a small hole.
- Flip hair through the ponytail and tighten.
- Grab a two-inch section below the first ponytail and repeat the whole process. The tails should be stacked like in the picture below, one directly above the other.
- Add a third flipped ponytail below the main one if your hair is thick or long.
Let us know if you enjoyed these 5 fitness hairstyles, so we can collect the best gym hairstyles in a future article. Share it with your friends to make their fitness life easier. Stay fit!
Hey There, These are really wonderful hairstyle for exercise.
Hey, Thanks for sharing these braiding hair style ideas.