The crunchy, juicy and succulent fresh cucumbers are a delight to munch on during summers when you really do not feel like eating anything at all. Cooking full fledged lunches is bound to make anyone dizzy with the mercury rising like anything outside and who wants to stand near the stove and cook. That’s when breezy, fresh and healthy salads like this one comes in handy.
Cucumber salad provides you with all the fibre and nutrients while at the same time making you feel light in the tummy. While eating summer salads like this you do not really have to fear of over eating and if you are doing so, you are only doing yourself a big help as you are hydrating your body.
Cucumber Salad Recipe with Cilantro Lime Dressing
Prep time: 10 mins
What Do You Need?
- Cucumber – 3
- Baby carrot – 1 (optional)
- Ginger, grated – 1/4 tsp
- Lime juice – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves / Cilantro – 5 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black salt – 1/4 tsp
- Chaat masala powder – 1/8 tsp (optional)
- Salt – to taste
- Wash cucumber and carrot and thinly slice them into roundels. I used my mandolin for this.
- In a wide mixing bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, grated ginger, black pepper powder, black salt, chaat masala powder, salt till the mixture gets emulsified well.
- Add the cucumber, carrot, coriander leaves (cilantro) and toss well for the dressing to coat well.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
- If you do not have lime juice at hand, use 1/2 tsp white distilled vinegar in its place.
- Using carrots is optional. I used it to add some color to the green salad.
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.