Ready for a simple recipe that’s gluten free, low carb and really easy to make? I hope you are because this cheesy cauliflower breadsticks recipe is a winner and a keeper.
I chose to make these cheesy cauliflower breadsticks because I was just craving some cheesy breadsticks, but this recipe makes 2 pizza crusts, so with one I actually made a chicken pizza, which was very simple, just added some pizza sauce, cheese and some roasted chicken I had in the fridge.
What Do You Need?
Here are the ingredients you need:
- 4 cups of riced cauliflower (about 1 large head of cauliflower);
- 4 eggs;
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese (I used a Tex Mex blend because that’s all I had);
- 3 tsp oregano;
- 4 cloves garlic, minced;
- salt and pepper to taste;
- 1 to 2 cups mozzarella cheese (for topping).
How To Prepare The Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks Recipe?
Here are the instructions to follow:
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Prepare 2 pizza dishes or a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make sure your cauliflower is roughly chopped in florets. Add the florets to your food processor and pulse until cauliflower resembles rice.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwavable container and cover with lid. Microwave for 10 minutes. Place the microwaved cauliflower in a large bowl and add the 4 eggs, 2 cups of mozzarella, oregano, garlic and salt and pepper. Mix everything together.
- Separate the mixture in half and place each half onto the prepared baking sheets and shape into either a pizza crust, or a rectangular shape for the breadsticks.
- Bake the crust (no topping yet) for about 25 minutes or until nice and golden. Don’t be afraid the crust is not soggy at all. Once golden, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and put back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve.
This cheesy cauliflower breadsticks recipe contains 8 serves and is done in 50 minutes. Enjoy!
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.