We have a very easy back to school, back to work recipe that’s really fun. I think kids will love it too. It’s absolutely gluten free and Paleo: bacon pancake stix. This Paleo recipe is delicious, is a great mixture of salty and sweet and it’s super easy to take on the go.
What do we need?
– 1 banana – make sure it’s ripe;
– 2 tablespoons coconut flour;
– 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder;
– 1 packet sugar substitute (stevia);
– a pinch of salt;
– 1 egg plus one egg white;
– 2 slices turkey bacon.
How to prepare the bacon pancake stix?
1. First step is to place all the ingredients (except the bacon slices) into your blender and give it a nice blend until it’s smooth. As you can see we’re not really using a lot of utencils or bowls, so clean up is very easy.
2. When the mixture for pancakes is ready set your heat to medium-low. Put some coconut oil sprey right on pan to make sure it doesn’t stick. As for the bacon, make sure that you’ve already heated this in your microwaves anywhere from 1 to 3 minutes depending on how strong your microwave oven is until it is crispy. You need to have a crunch inside your pancake.
3. Put 2 pancakes in your pan. Let that batters sit for just a tiny bit because if you put in the bacon too early it’s gonna get reallt messy. So we’re gonna make sure that bottom is slightly firm. Then just press the bacon slices over the 2 pancakes. Cover them wit more pancake mixture to make sure they don’t have little blanks on. When the bottom is baked flip the pancakes.
When they’re done, you get one serving of two fluffy bacon pancake stix that will keep you full. And it’s only $1.54 which is way cheaper than a McDonald’s breakfast and is so healthy. It has about 300 calories, 20g of protein, 25g of net carbs (from the banana), 12g of fat and 11g of fiber.
This bacon pancake stix is crispy inside and soft outside and that mixture between sweet and salty is just explosions of perfection in your mouth. Go ahead and do this healthy recipe and let me know in the comments below if you enjoy it.