Thanks to this asian noodle stir fry recipe I can across one day, my views on chinese food have never been the same. I have to admit, this recipe isn’t 100% chinese because of the addition of gochujang, but I consider it chinese enough for me. I have a little brother who is your typical picky-eater, yet he eats alot of food. I have to admit, it is hard to get him to try new stuff, but when he ate these asian noodles, even he couldn’t stop.
The Asian noodle recipe is very simple, no fancy add ins. You can always cook some meat at the start, but I personally like it plain. This is ultimate comfort food, just slurp it up and enjoy the tasty asian noodles.
What Do You Need For 2 Servings?
– 2 bundles of chinese wheat noodles (100g), cooked to packet instructions. Alternatively, you can use another type of dry noodle like flat rice or udon.
– 1 tbs gochujang (korean red chilli paste), available at asian supermarkets.
– 4 tsp oyster sauce;
– 4 tsp soy sauce;
– 3 tsp dark soy sauce;
– 1/2 tsp sriracha;
– 2 cloves garlic;
– 2 tsp sesame oil;
– 1 tbs olive oil;
– Chopped spring onions and roasted sesame seeds to garnish.
How Do You Prepare The Asian Noodles?
1. In a bowl, mix together oyster sauce, soy sauce, dark soy sauce and sriracha. Chop garlic as well, prepare gochujang and noodles. It is good to have everything by your side as stir frying happens quite fast.
2. In a large pan, add olive oil and sesame oil and let the pan heat up a bit, 30 seconds. Then add garlic and gochujing.
3.Using chopsticks, (don’t laugh, these are the best for stir frys), stir your garlic around the pan.
4. Once garlic is sizzling (1 minute approx) add your noodles. If you cooked your noodles a while ago beforehand, it might have clumped up. Don’t worry, simply drizzle in a bit of oil and separate the noodles with your chopsticks.
5. Toss and stir noodles until fully coated in gochujiang, it should be red by the way.
6. Add stir fry sauce spoonful at a time and toss well. Make sure your heat isn’t on too high as the sauce will evaporate and leave an impossible to get rid of mark on your pan.
7. Stir fry noodles for around 3-4 minutes, or until you think it’s right. Don’t worry, the feeling will come.
8. Garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds, important!, this is what makes the noodles look pretty!