Worried about your thinning hairline? Losing a lot of hair? Well, everybody seems to take their tresses for granted. Like our feet, our hair is extremely precious and we always seem to be overlooking their importance.
They are our crowning jewellery and deliberately or not we just do the needful amount for them. But your tresses need so much care for that. So blame yourself for ignoring your hair and losing those precious strands.
However, if you are worried about hair loss and displaying a patch, there’s a way you can get it back by the means of hair restoration.
What Is Hair Restoration?
Hair restoration or hair transplantation is a surgical procedure which involves the removal of hair from a donor site, which is rich in hair follicle, to the recipient site which is a victim of acute hair loss and results in baldness.
It is done in a doctor’s clinic and it involves the replacement of each hair follicle into its graft on the head. However, the whole are is numbed so that you are not inconvenienced in any manner and causes very little pain.
There are usually two methods by which this can be done: the follicular unit strip surgery and the follicular unit extraction. In the first method, the doctors remove around 6-10 inch of skin from the back of the head and then this strip is then divided into tiny grafts each with hair.
Whereas, for the latter procedure, the doctors shave the back of your scalp and collects the hair from which it is to be grafted and sewn and replaced on your balding spot.
What Are The Causes Of Hair Loss?
Before you deal with hair restoration, it is important that you know why you suffer from acute hair loss. There a number of things that we do that lead to hair loss, without our knowledge and we are seldom aware of it.
There’s no question about it- hair loss syndrome is still a problem.
Listed below are some of the causes of hair loss:
This has been credited with a major amount of health issues that persists in a human body. Stress is the major cause why are tresses keep falling. It produces testosterone in the body which further produces DHT which hampers the hair growth cycle.
Any abnormalities in genetics might cause hormonal imbalances which can disturb the hair growth cycle, thus, leading to hair loss.
3. Nutrition And Diet
If your hair doesn’t get the adequate amount of nutrition, or if you are some kind of diet for weight loss can lead to hair loss.
Many medicines are also responsible for hair loss like birth control pills, steroids, and so on.
This plays a major role for your hair. Pollutants and exposure to chlorine and UV rays can damage your hair leading to hair loss.
How To Prevent Losing Any More Hair?
Contrary to popular belief, there are ways to further lose out any more hair. Hair loss can be pretty damaging for the confidence for a man and a woman as it is for many reasons, described as a crowning glory.
However, it is important to identify the source of your problem and eliminate it. Listed below are some ways you can prevent further hair loss:
- Get hot oil treatments done on your hair. They have proved to be immensely helpful for many and have saved their tresses from experiencing any worse. Take the oil of your choice: olive, coconut, or any other, and heat it up until it is warm. Massage it on to your scalps and put it on for an hour before shampooing it off.
- Rubbing Onion juice or garlic juice on your scalp for a night helps a lot.
- Applying warm green tea on the scalp for an hour helps your hair as it contains antioxidants which prevents hair loss and helps to regrow your hair.
- Meditation has proved to be effective for many as it helps to restore your hormonal balance.
How Expensive Is It?
While prevention is certainly better, but for people who suffer from this problem and has endured it for a prolonged period, hair restoration is the only answer. Transplantation costs depend entirely upon the amount of hair you would replace and move.
It also depends upon the thickness of your hair and how much you need it to be covered. It generally costs $4000 to $5000 and is usually not covered by insurance.
There are a number of advantages of hair restoration and definitely why you should get it. They are:
- It does not require any additional treatments. The hair grafted continues to regrow naturally.
- Moreover, the donor site is a part of your body and does not involve any hassle.
- The process is really simple and easy and does not involve any risk.
- It is an extremely cost effective method to get your hair back.
- During the procedure, you are never under the complete influence of anaesthesia. Only the part of the scalp which is to be worked upon is anesthetised.
- The hair grafts are uniform and thus, your hair growth is uniform too.
The disadvantages of a hair restoration procedure are:
- The follicle becomes vulnerable from where the scalp is removed.
- Some sessions become a bit costly especially if it requires dense packing.
- It may lead to scarring.
Other Methods To Regrow Your Hair
Apart from hair restoration, there are other ways to naturally regrow your hair. This involves changing your shampoo, your hairstyle, and even opting for laser hair replacement. However, this will just solve the problem temporarily.
Another method for hair restoration is Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy. This is a treatment that stimulates natural hair growth and it involves following these 4 steps:
- Withdraw the patient’s own blood.
- Process the blood so that only the enriched cells (platelet-rich plasma) remain.
- Activate the cells with natural proteins.
- Then inject the activated cells into the scalp.
Thus, it is essential to make an informed decision about getting a transplant done. However, its advantages and the renewal of your original hair are too hard to resist.
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.