If you’re outside in bright sunshine chances are that you’re gonna get the sunburn if you don’t protect yourself with a sunscreen. Whether that you’re at the beach, by the pool or on a boat, sunburns are no fun and we all know it.
Sunburn happens when the body is unable to protect itself from the excessive ultra-violet rays of the sun. Chances of sunburn increase during outdoor activities like running, hiking and swimming. Here is how the sunburn appears:
1. In the beginning there are some red rashes on the skin.
2. The skin becomes tender and warmer.
3. After a few hours (or even minutes in some cases) will appear some blisters on the skin.
4. The skin starts to peel off and new skin takes its place.
In civil cases of sunburn people also experience fever, chills, nausea, vomiting and flu.
Some simple remedies done at home can help you treat the sunburn. Here are 4 methods that you can try on your own skin
1. Take 2 tbsp of oatmeal, add one small bowl of crushed papaya and one tbsp of honey and mix them well. Apply the mixture on your skin and leave it for 20-30 minutes. After that, you can wash it off with cold water.
2. Take one bowl of crushed cucumber, press the cucumber paste on a sieve and extract its juice. Add 2 tbsp of lemon juice over the cucumber juice and mix it well. Apply this juice on the affected area using a cotton. Wash it off after 15-20 minutes.
3. Take 2 tbsp of lemon juice, add 4 tbsp of honey and mix it well. Apply this mixture on your skin gently, leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
4. Take a bowl of crushed tomatoes, press it on the sieve and extract its juice. Add one tbsp of yogurt and mix it well. Apply this mixture on the affected area and wash it off after 15-20 minutes.
If you didn’t protect your skin with a sunscreen and got sunburn, these easy and almost money free methods might work for you. If none of these work for you, then you might consider a visit to your doctor. Stay healthy!