Turkey Meatballs Recipe
My weight loss journey has hit many plateaus, but not surprisingly, I’ve always seen the biggest improvements when I’ve eaten a really “clean” diet. For me, that means finding something high protein that I can eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for about 5 days straight, then switch to something else. And when I’m eating really healthy, I’m also more likely to workout. Conversely, if I’m in a “bad” eating rut, I’m not likely to be hitting the gym.
Ingredients for the turkey meatballs recipe:
* 2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken);
* 3 egg whites;
* 1 cup quick cooking oats;
* 1/2 tsp ground cumin;
* 1/2 tsp dried thyme;
* 2 tsp dry yellow mustard;
* 2 tsp black pepper;
* 2 tsp chipotle pepper spice;
* 1 tsp salt;
* 2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced);
* 1 small onion (finely chopped);
* 2 celery stalks (finely chopped).
(I make several batches of the seasoning mix at once since I have all the ingredients out). I also usually eat them with a side of frozen steamed veggies.
Turkey meatballs recipe directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.
3. Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
4. Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.
5. Bake for 40 minutes.
Servings: 12 meatballs.