Causes Of Joint Pain And Foods That Relieve Joint Pain
It’s a pain in the neck to have joint pain, but you can relieve joint pain naturally. With all the medicine nowadays, the number of people affected by joint pain is not as we expected to be.
Arthritis and joint pain affect over 50 million people in the United States, which is almost a fifth of the population. This number is expected to surpass 67 million by 2030.
Joint Pain Facts
The odds of having joint pain are better than the odds of living past 65. And here are a few more frightening facts about joint pain:
- About 75% of people experience pain in 3 places or more.
- Over $50 BILLION is spent on lower back pain every year.
- 44 MILLION people suffer from lower back pain.
- Texting is a leading contributor to neck pain today.
- Marriage increases your chance of experiencing joint pain by 10%.
- Bone or joint pain is the leading medical cause of disability claims and is the reason why 440 MILLION days of work are missed annually.
Look at the number of joint replacements in 2010:
- Total knee replacement in 2010 in the US: 719,000.
- Total hip replacement in 2010 in the US: 332,000.
Then look at how much those numbers are going to increase by the year 2030:
- The hip replacement will reach over 500,000 people by 2030.
- Knee replacement will reach about 4.5 million people by 2030.
Help yourself by becoming aware of your posture. If you have any form of chronic pain or arthritis, using good posture is essential for protecting your joints, strengthening muscles, preventing pain, and even conserving your energy.
The most concerning statistics are this:
- Only 15% of people choose to use a holistic approach for joint pain, whereas 70% use pain medication. I would love to change these statistics.
Joint Pain Causes
The most common causes of joint pain are:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Injury Arthritis
- Muscle Strain
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Food Allergies
- Leaky Gut
- Menopause and Perimenopause
- Lyme Disease
- Sjogren’s Syndrome
All these diseases contribute to joint pain.
Foods That Relieve Joint Pain
Instead of turning to pain pills that have horrible side effects, you should start with the foods you eat. There are many foods that can relieve joint pain, including these:
- Just the smell of cookies helps reduce the perception of pain. I can vouch for this one. 🙂
- Olive oil contains compounds similar to Ibuprofen.
- Salmon, fish oils, and krill oils are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and relieve joint pain and inflammation.
- Red grapes have anti-inflammatory effects because they contain Resveratrol.
- Tart cherries contain an antioxidant that helps pain from arthritis, gal, and inflammation. In fact, according to research from Michigan State University, eating 20 tart cherries may relieve joint pain better than an aspirin.
Minerals And Joint Pain
You might think that calcium is the most important factor in bone health, but Vitamin D is also a necessary component, and magnesium is the highest constituent ingredient in our pH with a much broader scope than you imagined.
However, it’s not well-known that magnesium is necessary to convert Vitamin D into its active form so that it can turn on calcium absorption.
Magnesium stimulates the hormone calcitonin which helps to preserve bone structure by drawing calcium out of the blood and soft tissues back into the bones.
This action helps lower the likelihood of heart attack, osteoporosis, kidney stones, and some forms of arthritis. So if your body has a small amount of magnesium and a lot of calcium, you are susceptible to these conditions.
Some natural supplements to relieve joint pain are:
- Omega 3 fatty acids;
- Vitamin C.
How It’s Pain Connected To pH?
Over time, the condition of acidosis within the body becomes something that’s never-ending. Acidity causes inflammation, which causes pain, and pain causes stress, then stress causes acidity.
You may already know that your body can only function properly when the internal environment is alkaline in nature.
The state of acidosis forces the body to borrow minerals, including calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium from vital organs and bones to buffer the acid and safely remove it from our bodies.
This process can severely weaken these organs and bones over time and further stresses the body by utilizing it’s vital energy resources.
I hope this article was helpful for those of you with joint pain and if it did, please share it further. Stay fit!