It’s hard to believe that fiber is so good for your body when you can’t even digest it. You can prevent constipation and lower your cholesterol level if you eat high-fiber foods. They also keep your stomach full for longer and contain a lot of nutrients and few calories.
And that’s not even close to what high-fiber foods can do for you. Here are more benefits and more reasons why you should eat high-fiber foods on a daily basis:
- High-fiber foods like breads, oats, cereals and kidney beans are helping you to lower your cholesterol level and to prevent type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- The fiber found in strawberry seeds, bean skins, apples and wheat bran prevents constipation and promotes regular bowel movements.
- Taking in the right amount of fiber every day helps you treat the syndrome X, which has been linked to obesity.
- High-fiber foods help prevent diverticulosis, which is formation of some pouches in your intestines.
- If you normally get a small amount of fiber per day and you would double your intake through smart food choices, you would reduce the risk of colorectal cancer by up to 40%.
- High-fiber foods like vegetables, whole grains and beans may protect you against breast cancer.
- Foods rich in fiber also happen to be major sources of important micronutrients, so you should concentrate on whole plant foods, not on fiber pills or supplements.
Now that you know you have to ingest fiber with every meal, here is a great list with the best foods with a high content of fiber. For a healthy weight loss and muscle gain, pick your favourite high-fiber foods and add them to your daily meal plan.
If you enjoy this article please share it with your friends and family. Also, if you want to lose weight fast, here is the fastest weight loss method: The Half Day Diet. Stay fit!
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.