Ready to build your Ketogenic menu? One of the great things about this burn-fats-instead-of-carbs diet comes through in the form of the first time you go shopping. Some people find the prospect of shopping with a new diet in mind to be intimidating. By remembering a few simple things about what you can and can’t eat on the Keto diet, you’ll be able to build a fantastic Ketogenic menu.
Ketogenic Menu Tips
Creating a Ketogenic menu can be easy. All you have to do is have a good shopping list ready to go. Knowing your options on the Ketogenic diet will make it easy to zero in on the foods you can eat, stock up on things you’re going to love, and build a Keto menu you can stick to:
- Meats/Poultry: Chicken (whole/parts), beef steaks/tips, bacon/ham/sausage, ground turkey, pork/beef ribs.
- Deli meat: Turkey breast, pastrami, pepperoni slices, bologna.
- Seafood: Fresh/frozen shrimp that can be easily peeled, fresh/frozen fish, tuna that comes in water or oil, crab.
- Dairy products: Eggs, heavy cream, sour cream, hard cheese, soft cheese, plain Greek yogurt.
- Low-carb veggies: broccoli, cabbage, leafy green veggies.
- Nuts/seeds: Almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds.
- Fruit: Avocados, fresh fruits that are in season.
- Panty items: Canned seafood, pasta sauces with no additional sugars or thickening agents, nut butters, chicken/veggie stock.
- Condiments: Any non-sweetened mustards, dill pickles with no sugar, sugar-free salad dressing, horseradish.
- Cooking/baking: A whey protein powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, artificial sweetener products, sesame oil.
Keep in mind that this is hardly a complete list. Organic is also a good way to go with a number of products (especially meat).
Keto cookbooks are also a good idea. Start shopping around for two or three that can give you some meal ideas.
With a kitchen full of the right Keto diet foods, you can build a Ketogenic menu that’s going to knock your socks off. It’s important to realize that there is far more variety in the Ketogenic diet than you might suspect. That’s what makes this diet so appealing. If you’re someone who finds they have to deal with a constant time crunch, you may find that your best bet is to prepare meals that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, and even dinner over the course of a given week. Simply create your meals on Sunday. The sooner you start your Keto diet routine, the easier it will be to stick to it.