If you’re looking for an effective exercise program that you don’t need to go to the gym to follow, then try Tae Bo fitness at home. This fun fitness program is very affordable, has a lot of variety and works well for people at all levels of fitness. Whether it is your main fitness program or an adjunct routine you follow for some variety, Tae Bo can bring a lot to your workout.
All About Tae Bo
Tae Bo is a home fitness program that was developed by Billy Blanks in the 90s. Blanks was a taekwando practitioner who saw the benefit of incorporating taekwando moves and aerobics activity into a fun and challenging workout. Since the 90s, Tae Bo has evolved and grown into a popular and well-known exercise program.
Why Tae Bo Works
Most of the Tae Bo moves are quite different than typical aerobics routines, and learning to perform the exercises is a lot of fun. The entertainment value of this workout makes it motivating – you return for more because you’re having a good time.
Don’t think that because it’s entertaining, however, that doing Tae Bo Fitness at home is for wimps. It is a high-intensity, high-energy workout that can be adjusted to your fitness level. The workouts will get your heart pumping, help you to build muscle mass and allow you to become more flexible.
Advantages Of Tae Bo
Tae Bo is more than fun and motivating, it’s also one of the better workout routines for at-home exercisers available on the market today. There are a number of advantages to doing Tae Bo fitness.
Tae Bo done correctly helps you to directly achieve four of the five components of physical fitness. If you follow a disciplined program of Tae Bo, you will gain cardiorespiratory endurance, muscular strength, muscular endurance and flexibility. When combined with proper diet, Tae Bo can also help you to achieve a healthy body composition.
There are programs for people at all levels of fitness and experience. With the simple instructions, it is easy to adapt moves and intensity to your personal fitness level.
Tae Bo can be done as an interval training workout. Interval training is an excellent way to get in shape, burn fat and change your body composition by reducing body fat and increasing lean body mass.
The programs go beyond fitness and also help you to transform your thinking. This can improve both the efficacy of the workout and your quality of life.When done to a high intensity, Tae Bo burns a lot of calories. A 150-pound person doing 60 minutes of high-intensity Tae Bo will burn approximately 690 calories.
Tae Bo is, by its nature, an interval training workout. It also combines both cardiovascular fitness and strength training. This type of workout has proven to be very effective in weight loss.
Tae Bo helps to increase strength, muscle mass, flexibility and cardiovascular fitness.
Weight Loss Is Possible
Tae Bo is generally an excellent way to lose weight. Along with covering four of the five components of fitness, this form of exercise hits all of the ways that your body loses weight with exercise. Not only do you burn a lot of calories during the workout, but your metabolism will stay raised for a few hours post-workout. Your muscle mass will also increase with Tae Bo workouts, raising your overall metabolism over time.
There are a few caveats to all of this, however.
- In order for the Tae Bo workout to be an effective part of your weight loss regimen, the intensity of the workout is extremely important. When doing Tae Bo, it is important that you work at the highest level of intensity of which you are capable in order to maximize your weight loss benefits.
- Like any weight loss program, exercise alone isn’t enough. You also need to combine your Tae Bo workouts with a program of healthy eating. Select a diet plan that will work for you.
- Not only is the intensity of your workouts important, but frequency and duration are, as well. Plan a 30 to 60 minute workout about three to four times a week.
- Adequate rest is also important. Allow yourself one to two days a week of some other type of low intensity exercise such as walking in place of Tae Bo, and schedule adequate rest, as well.
- If you are new to working out, work your way up to high intensity workouts slowly in order to minimize the chance of injury or overtraining.
Can Tae Bo help you lose weight? The answer is a qualified yes, provided you do the workouts at an intensity, frequency and duration consistent with weight loss.
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.