Chili Roasted Salmon With Cilantro Cream
Recipe developed by Jeanne Kelley
Makes: 4 servings.
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Cook time: 10 minutes.
– Nonstick cooking spray;
– 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice;
– 4 garlic cloves, smashed;
– 2 teaspoons chilli powder;
– 2 teaspoons ground cumin;
– 3 teaspoons olive oil;
– 4 5-ounce skinless salmon fillets;
– 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed;
– 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced;
– 1 poblano pepper, thinly sliced;
– 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced;
– Freshly ground black pepper;
– 1/3 cup light sour cream;
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro.
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Mist 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray. In a small baking dish, mix together 2 tablespoons lime juice with garlic, chili powder, cumin, and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add salmon and turn to coat; let sit.
2. In a medium bowl, toss corn, bell pepper, poblano pepper, and onion with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil. Transfer corn mixture to one of the baking sheets; spread into a single layer.
3. Remove salmon from marinade and arrange on second baking sheet. Drizzle corn mixture with remaining salmon marinade. Season salmon and corn with salt and black pepper to taste and roast 8 to 10 minutes, until fish is just cooked through and vegetables are tender.
4. Mix together sour cream, cilantro, and remaining lime juice. Season with salt to taste. Spoon corn onto plates and add salmon. Drizzle cream over fish.
Nutrition facts per serving: 444 calories, 33g protein, 22g carbohydrate, 25g fat (5.9g saturated), 3g fiber.
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.