Lemon-Thyme Chicken With Sauteed Vegetables
Makes: 4 servings.
Prep time: 5 minutes.
Cook time: 15 minutes.
– 4 tablespoons lemon juice;
– 1 tablespoon chopped garlic, divided;
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, divided;
– Freshly ground black pepper;
– 1 pound chicken breast tenders, lightly pounded;
– 4 teaspoons canola oil;
– 1 medium shallot, sliced;
– 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed;
– 11/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved;
– 2 medium zucchini;
– 1/3 cup crumbled feta.
1. In a ziplock bag, combine 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 teaspoons garlic, and 2 teaspoons thyme; season to taste with salt and black pepper. Add chicken tenders, seal the bag, and gently turn to coat. Set aside.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot, remaining garlic, edamame, and tomatoes; saute 4 minutes.
3. Use a vegetable peeler to slice zucchini into long ribbons. Add zucchini and remaining lemon juice and thyme to vegetables in skillet; saute 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl, stir in feta, and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
4. Add remaining oil to skillet. Remove chicken from marinade and saute 2 to 3 minutes a side or until cooked through. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition facts per serving: 327 calories, 28g protein, 16g carbohydrate, 13g fat (3g saturated), 5g fiber.
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.