That’s why I propose this 12 Months Challenge where you will make a small choice every start of the month and hold on it the entire month. Every month would be a new challenge and maybe at the end of each month you will adopt a new healthy habit.
People get started on a weight loss journey and what tends to happen is they are so pumped and so ready to go that they jump into it 100% and then they die out quickly and fall back to their older routine. I wanted to talk about that in this article, I wanted to go over clean eating and healthy lifestyle. In my opinion if you slowly bring things into your life and slowly change your lifestyle, you are more likely to stick with it. There are little changes that can make a big difference in weight loss.
People venture out to lose many pounds and then they don’t meet their goals. This is because they’ve made too big goals. Forget about losing 30-40 pounds and focus on losing one pound a week. That’s what you need for healthy weight loss. And then, once you’ve done that, eventually the pounds start to add up. So if you think about it, there are 52 weeks in a year and that’s 52 pounds. Pretty good, right?
12 Months Challenge
There is a 12 Months Challenge Infographic at the end of the article. You can print it and stick it to your fridge or anywhere else to remind you the decision you’ve made. So let’s see what small changes you should adapt each month:
1. January – Eat vegetables with your snack or meal at least three times per day.
2. February – Cut your processed sugar in 1/2 (or out all together). Instead of white sugar use stevia, honey or agave.
3. March – Drink at least 64-oz (2l) of water every single day.
4. April – Get your sweat on most days of the week. Just 20 minutes will count.
5. May – Stop eating foods with hydrogenated oils, trans fats, high fructose corn syrup. Get rid of margarine and use olive oil instead of other oils used to fry food.
6. June – Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. this should be easy. 🙂
7. July – Go meatless at least one day per week. And if you really want to challenge yourself, go meatless 3 days per week.
8. August – Meditate or just sit in silence 10 minutes per day. And do this every single day!
9. September – Kick it up a notch! Increase the time and/or intensity of your workouts.
10. October – Eat good fats and get your Omega 3’s with foods like salmon and walnuts.
11. November – Be gratful. Gratitude is good for your health, so practice it daily.
12. December – Meditate or sit in silence 10 minutes every day. Or try one more time a challenge that didn’t worked at the first time.
I encourage you to change your behaviour, to make small changes like the ones in this challenge. At the end, the winner in the game of weight loss is not who loses their weight the quicker, is the person who keeps it off the longest. Stay fit!