2. Oatmeal Bars
The oatmeal breakfasts can also double up as an energy bar. It is very easy to prepare, you need only 3 ingredients and no baking is required.
– 1 cup (90 g) Rolled Oats, dry and uncooked;
– 1/2 cup (125 g) Peanut Butter;
– 1/4 cup (82 g) Maple Syrup or Honey;
With a 3 basic ingredients you can choose to add additional toppings such as seeds, nuts, dried fruits, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, basically anything to your liking. For this recipe I’ve added:
– 1 tbsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder;
– 1 tbsp Sunflower Seeds.
You will get 9 squares that pack 155 calories, 5.4 g protein and 2.5 g fiber each.
- In a pan, melt the peanut butter and maple syrup together under low heat until smooth.
- Don’t cook. Then turn the heat off.
- Add in the oats, cocoa powder and sunflower seeds. Combine well.
- Transfer and press the mixture into a medium square tin or plate.
- Place it in the refrigerator for on hour or until firmed.
- Slice the energy bar into 9 squares.
These healthy oats squares are easy to be eaten and they will provide you with enough energy throughout whole morning. Store them in the fridge to keep them firm and it will last up to a week. You can pack them out, have them on the way to work or even as a mid-afternoon snack for a quick energy boost.
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.