White clam pizza is a yummy recipe and you can make it easy in just 30 minutes. This recipe is for 4 servings and each serving contain about 700 calories. So be careful because this white clam pizza recipe is not very low in calories. But if you eat just a small portion, you’ll enjoy it!
What Do You Need?
– 3 large cloves garlic, chopped;
– 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling;
– 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough;
– All-purpose flour, for kneading;
– Cornmeal, for dusting;
– Kosher salt;
– 1/2 cup thinly sliced mozzarella cheese (4 ounces);
– 2 6 .5-ounce cans chopped clams, juice drained and reserved;
– 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano;
– 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese;
– 2 cups baby arugula;
– Juice of 1 lemon;
– Red pepper flakes, for garnish (optional).
How To Do A White Clam Pizza?
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Place a pizza stone or inverted rimmed baking sheet on the bottom rack.
Mix the garlic and 1/4 cup olive oil in a small bowl. Knead the dough about 6 times on a lightly floured surface. Roll and stretch into a 12-inch round. Place the dough on a pizza peel, or another inverted baking sheet, dusted with cornmeal.
Brush half of the garlic-oil over the dough; season with salt. Scatter the mozzarella and clams over the crust; drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the reserved clam juice and the remaining garlic-oil. Sprinkle with the oregano, parmesan, and salt to taste. Slip the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone or baking sheet (the cornmeal will help it slide off). Bake until the crust is light brown, 13 to 15 minutes.
Just before the pizza is done, drizzle the arugula with olive oil and lemon juice. Slice the pizza; top each piece with arugula and season with red pepper flakes, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 698; Fat 33 g (Saturated 9 g); Cholesterol 82 mg; Sodium 821 mg; Carbohydrate 63 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 39 g.