Do these morning exercises on a daily basis to be more productive, get things done, and even lose a few pounds. And you can do it at home.
To get the most benefits out of your day and from your exercises, do them in the morning. Wake up and start doing these exercises that will help you lose weight and burn off the extra fat.
Squeezing in that 30-minute workout in your daily routine can be hard. Having a full-time job and wanting to spend time with your family will make it easy to skip the gym.
This is why the morning workout might be what you need. By making a habit of working out in the morning, you will stay motivated, get productive, and increase mental alertness.
A quick morning workout is a perfect way to start your day!
Some of us can find it difficult to get up in the morning because the snooze button is our friend. You just need to start one morning to see all the benefits you get out of the morning exercises. Then you’ll want to stick to it.
The Benefits Of Doing Your Workouts In The Morning
If you want things done during the day, wake up earlier, and relieve stress, you need to do a morning workout routine.
There are also other benefits that come with exercising in the morning, so check them out:
1. Improve Sleep
In general, exercise is known to improve your sleeping quality.
A study found that those who are doing their workout in the morning will have a long and deeper sleep than those who are exercising in the evening.
So, to enjoy all the benefits that exercising can have over your sleep, start exercising in the morning.
2. Get More Energy
Get ready for the day and feel more energized by working out in the morning.
You can even skip your coffee in the morning because you get more energy from your workout than from that cup of coffee.
Boost your energy levels, enjoy a productive day at the office, and a better mental clearness after you are done with your morning exercises.
3. Lower Your Blood Pressure
Having a regular exercise routine is a great way to prevent hypertension. So make sure that you don’t skip a workout and enjoy a normal blood pressure and a healthy blood circulation.
4. Be Less Stressed
Another great benefit of doing a morning workout is that you will be able to destress yourself and relieve the tension. That’s because sweating lowers the cortisol levels in your body (stress hormones).
Exercise also helps relax the muscles and relieve muscle tension, which helps to prevent the negative effects of stress on the body.
You don’t need an hour-long workout in the morning, al you need is 10 to 30 minutes of exercising to get a great start to your day.
To feel more energized, alert, and productive, even a 15-minute HIIT workout can do the trick. It is more important what exercises you’re doing rather than the time you’re exercising.
Morning Exercises That Promote Productivity
These are the morning exercises that will not only make you more productive but also shed a few pounds and get you slimmer.
Here are five great ways to make you more productive and start your day with positivity:
It is a great idea for your morning workout to go outside for a 20-minute walk.
Don’t have the outdoors to go for a walk? No problem. You can do a 20-minute walking workout in your bedroom or living room. Find a playlist and get going.
- Start with a slow pace walk for a warm-up. The idea behind this exercise is to keep your feet moving.
- After a minute of slow walk that will be your warm-up, start picking up the pace and moving a bit faster.
- You can add some hand moves to your walking by reaching your shoulders, then extend them above your head, and repeat this move for a few minutes.
- Then move from side to side to switch up the move a bit. You can do this for a few minutes.
- To make you more sweaty and add a bit more fat-burning effect to your walking, do a few minutes of high knee walking.
- When you reach the end of your exercise, slow down your pace for a minute.
- Then do a few stretches when you are done to cool your muscles down.
What you can do for a great start of the day is to do a few Pilates moves. It is an awesome muscle-working exercise that will make you feel the benefits of exercise even after just 10 minutes of working out.
Try out these Pilates moves for your next morning workout routine. These morning exercises will make your core more defined and your legs leaner.
3. HIIT Workout
Want a more sweaty and intense workout? Start your morning with a high-intensity interval training. This is the workout that will wake you up, make you sweat, and even boost your mood.
This 7-minute HIIT workout is what you need for a perfect wake up call in the morning.
Starting your day with a few yoga moves will relax and destress you. Try these yoga poses for your next morning workout session.
Seated Twist Pose
- Start in a seated position with your arms relaxed on your sides.
- Take your left hand and place it behind your back.
- Rest your right hand on your left knee.
- Inhale and keep your back straight.
- When you exhale, twist your torso to the left using your hands.
- Stay in this position for about 10 seconds, taking deep breaths.
- Repeat the same on the other side.
Alternate From Cat To Cow
- Go down on your hands and knees, keeping your hands under your shoulders and knees under the hips.
- Inhale while looking up with an arched back and your shoulders rolling away from your ears.
- This is the cow pose.
- Exhale and press your knees and hands on the floor while rounding your back.
- This is the cat pose.
- Do at least 10 alternative moves.
- Stand up and put your weight on your left leg.
- Bend your right knee and grab the inside of your right ankle with your right hand.
- Slowly lift your right leg and press your ankle into your hand to open your back.
- Lift your left arm up straight.
- Hold that position for 10 deep breaths.
- Repeat the same on the other side.
After doing these yoga moves, perform a few stretches as a cool down.
Cardio in the morning is a great way to induce endorphins, improve cardiovascular health, and be more alert and focused.
Any cardio workout such as running, cycling, rowing, Zumba or Power Yoga will help to pick up your heart rate and shed off a few pounds.
Here are a few cardio ideas that will count as a great morning workout.
Choose one or all of these morning exercises and start your day right.
Find what works best for you and make a habit of your morning workouts. It will make your day more productive, wake you up with a lot of benefits, and you will even lose a few pounds while doing this.
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.