Pancakes with yogurt sauce is a healthy recipe and we recommend it for athletes who do not eat dessert for fear of gaining weight.
Make for yourself a healthy meal every day and maintain your body clean and detoxified. There is no better food than the one you cooked at home.
We prepared for you a dessert perfect if you do workouts daily and want something sweet and healthy to eat.
Pancakes With Yogurt Sauce
Below are the ingredients and the directions to properly prepare this delicious dessert. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour;
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal;
- 2 teaspoons baking powder;
- 1 egg;
- 1 cup skim milk, more if necessary;
- 1/2 teaspoon salt;
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar;
- 1 cup mixed fresh berries.
For the yogurt sauce:
- 6-ounce container of plain Greek yogurt;
- 2 tablespoons skim milk;
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup;
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Mix together the flour, flax meal, and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg, milk, salt, and brown sugar until mixed well. Stir in the dry ingredients and the fresh berries.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- While the pan is heating up, mix together the yogurt, milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Drop 1/4 cup of the batter on the pan per pancake. Cook until bubbly, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Flip and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Makes about 12 pancakes.
- Place three pancakes on a plate and pour 1/4 of the yogurt sauce on top. Add fresh berries and enjoy.
- Serves four pancakes with yogurt sauce.
The berries I bought at the beginning of the week were soft by the weekend, so I used them to make these whole wheat pancakes.
The fruit adds natural sweetness, so you don’t need much sugar in the batter. And instead of dousing them in a river of maple syrup, I increased the protein by making my own creamy maple-flavored yogurt sauce.
The pancakes with yogurt sauce were outstanding and a huge hit with my friends and family.