This low fat muffins recipe contain ingredients to make 20 large muffins or 30 mini muffins.
Nutritional Information for a serving (one muffin) of large low fat muffins: 230 calories, 14g fat, 197mg sodium, 25.3g carbs, 3.7g fiber, 11g sugar, 3.2g protein.
Nutritional Information for a serving of mini low fat muffins: 153 calories, 9.3g fat, 131mg sodium, 16.8g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 7.6g sugar, 2.1g protein.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour (optional: substitute 1 cup whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour for 1 cup all purpose)
– 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
– 2 tsp. baking soda
– ½ tsp. salt
– ½ cup sugar (instead of the called for 1 and 1/4 cups of sugar)
– 1 ½ cups finely shredded carrots
– 2 large tart apples, peeled and shredded
– ½ cup raisins
– ¾ cup shredded coconut
– ½ cup chopped pecans
– 3 lightly beaten eggs
– ½ cup vegetable oil (instead of the called for 1 cup vegetable oil)
– 1 cup + 1 Tbsp Unsweetened applesauce (added to compensate for the oil)
– ½ tsp. vanilla
The Directions for low fat muffins recipe
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tins with baking cups; set aside.
2. Sift flour with cinnamon, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl. Stir in sugar until blended. Then add carrots, apples, raisins, coconut, and pecans until blended. Make a well in center of mixture and pour in eggs, oil, and vanilla all at once. Stir just until mixture is evenly moist.
3. Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling at least ¾ full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.