One of the major concerns of beauty for women is how to remove unwanted facial hair. Also called hirsutism in medical terms, it often impacts women from 18 to 45 years old.
It has been observed that those people having pigmentation or dark hair tend to be hairier than those with blonde hair or a lighter pigmentation.
Unwanted facial hair could be caused by some issues like:
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS);
- Hormonal conditions;
- The use of some specific medications;
- Adrenal gland disorders.
In some rare cases, this issue could be caused by cancer of the ovaries or adrenal gland or a tumor.
How To Remove Unwanted Facial Hair At Home
If you are looking for ways to remove unwanted facial hair at home, these are 8 easy ways you can apply:
1. Homemade Sugar Wax
One of the most common ways to remove unwanted facial hair is sugar wax. This super effective method is used by most women all around the world.
You just need to:
- Mix honey, water and sugar (brown or white) with the ratio of 1:1:2
- Heat that mixture in a microwave for half a minute till it gets brown. Let it cool.
- Use a spatula to apply it to your affected areas.
- Place a cloth strip over the prepare sugar wax, smooth it out using your fingers in the hair growing direction.
- Rip it off in the opposite direction.
- Repeat if necessary.
2. Cold Wax Strips
If you suffer from thick hair growth on your face, you can use cold wax strips available in the market to remove unwanted facial hair. Place the wax strip on the area where you want to remove the hair, then pull in the opposite direction of hair growth.
You could cut the strip according to the size of your waxed area. After waxing, you should apply Aloe Vera gel in order to soothe the skin.
3. Chickpea Flour
A face pack made from chickpea flour can help exfoliate your skin, thereby removing dead skin cells and hair as well. Moreover, it could lighten the skin as well as your facial hair.
Also known as besan or gram flour, chickpea flour can be seen in most health food stores or Indian markets. You can even buy it from Amazon.
- Mix milk cream, milk, turmeric, and chickpea flour with the ratio of 1 : 1½ : ¾ : 2.
- Apply the mixture over your face, wait for 20 minutes or till it gets dry.
- Scrub it off with the help of a soft cloth dipped in tepid water.
- Do this 3-4 times per week for about 1 month.
4. Rose Water And Gram Flour Face Pack
Green gram flour is useful to remove unwanted facial hair through exfoliation. Additionally, the combination of rose water and green gram flour can work as a natural cleanser for acne-prone, sensitive skin.
- Mix green gram flour and rose water with the ratio of 2 : 1½.
- Spread the paste over your face, wait for 20 minutes or so before scrubbing it off.
- Do this 3-4 times per week.
5. Spearmint Tea
Excessive hair growth is usually attributed to the excessive production of androgen within the body. Thus, using spearmint tea could help regulate your hormone levels.
It was shown that spearmint tea could be beneficial for women with hirsutism. Take the steps below:
- Boil one cup of fresh water. Add a teaspoon of dried spearmint to it or 4-5 leaves of spearmint.
- Cover the container, let it steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain and then drink the tea.
- Drink it twice per day.
6. Honey And Lemon Juice
Being sticky, a face mask made from lemon juice and honey could help to remove unwanted facial hair. Having many good effects on both health and beauty, lemon juice can work as an exfoliating and cleansing agent and the honey could help soften your hair because of its moisturizing and hydrating properties.
Furthermore, having anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, honey could help avoid breakout and skin irritation. Thanks to its bleaching property, using lemon juice could also help brighten your facial skin.
- Mix lemon juice and honey with the ratio of 1 : 4.
- Apply the mixture over your face, wait for 15 minutes.
- Gently remove the mask using a washcloth soaked in tepid water.
- Do this at least twice per week for several months.
7. Lentil Face Pack
One of the easy ways to remove unwanted facial hair is using lentil face mask. This recipe can work as a good natural solution for peeling off facial hair as well as impurities.
- Whisk 1 tablespoon of sugar and ½ tablespoons of corn flour in 1 egg white.
- Apply that mixture over your face, allow it to dry.
- Wait for 15 minutes before peeling it off.
- Do this process 3-4 times per week to get good results.
8. Papaya And Turmeric
Papaya can work as a natural bleach, helping lighten your facial hair.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of the turmeric powder and a proper raw papaya pulp.
- Massage your face gently with this solution.
- Wait for 15 minutes before washing it off.
- Do this once per week.
Make sure to share this list with eight methods to remove unwanted facial hair if you found it useful.