It is saying the best way to get a nice, round butt is doing squats, and it’s true. Today I will share with you some tips on how to perform a correct squat, starting from the set up, the squat and up again.
There are 3 essential steps in performing a squat: starting position, the squat and the stand up. So let’s see what things should we take into consideration if we want to perform a correct squat.
3 Steps To A Correct Squat
1. The first thing we need to know when performing a squat is the starting position. If you want to do it by the book, keep in mind these tips:
- stand straight;
- keep your feet a little bit wider than hip width apart;
- put your toes out slightly;
- keep your back straight and your chest open;
- bring your hands together at your chest level, in front of you.
2. Now what you have to do is to squat down and to be careful to fulfill these steps:
- squeeze your abs to go down;
- think about sitting on a chair;
- as you squat down you should slightly look up;
- don’t lock your knees in, they need to move in a straight line with your toes;
- your knees should not be over your toes.
3. The last step in performing a correct squat is to stand up to the starting position. For this to happen you need to:
- squeeze your glutes and hamstrings to pull yourself back up;
- keep your look slightly up.
Tip: If you want to work more on your butt than on your thighs, just keep your toes parallel and pointing forward.
If you perform a correct squat you not only work on your glutes, but on your core and thighs too. Squats are great for all of you athletes out there, runners, or if you just want to straighten up those legs. And of course if you wanna perk up your booty then a squat is the best way to do that. I mean a CORRECT SQUAT is the best way to do it!
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.