If you’ve started working out more seriously, you probably noticed that all fitness communities encourage you to eat more protein. So get it from these protein smoothie recipes.
Maybe your diet doesn’t cover enough proteins, or maybe you’re just not really convinced by protein shakes… so now what do you do?
Well, now you’ll learn how to make protein smoothies using all-natural ingredients, and a blender. Ready? Let’s go!
My Favorite Protein Smoothie Recipes
You’ll love these smoothie recipes. They’re easy to make, tasty, and packed with protein and essential nutrients.
1. Creamy Coffee Banana Smoothie
This is an amazing delight for anyone with a sweet tooth and a love of coffee. This protein smoothie gets its protein from Greek yogurt and flax seeds.
To prepare it, you will need to blend these ingredients until they are smooth.
- One cup of brewed coffee (chilled);
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds;
- Half a banana, cut into chunks;
- One cup non-fat Greek yogurt (plain);
- 2 teaspoons of honey or agave nectar;
- Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon;
- A quarter teaspoon of grated nutmeg;
- 6 ice cubes (optional).
2. Tropical Protein Smoothie
This protein smoothie is so sweet and fruity it won’t even feel like you’re having a post-workout snack- it feels more like dessert!
The protein comes from the Greek yogurt, and here is what you need to blend in order to get this amazing smoothie:
- 1 cup berries (can be fresh or frozen, just choose your favorites);
- One orange (peeled and cut into chunks);
- 1 small container of Greek yogurt (plain or flavored, I prefer the vanilla kind);
- One banana, cut into chunks.
3. Peanut Butter Banana Oat Smoothie
This smoothie has proteins written all over it! The peanut butter is an amazing source of protein, but so are oatmeal and almond milk.
And this protein smoothie is like breakfast in a glass: filling, delicious and perfect both before and after your workout. Simply blend the following until smooth, and drink up!
- Two cups almond milk;
- One banana (chunks);
- ¼ cup of peanut butter;
- 1 teaspoon honey;
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds (or flax meal);
- 2 teaspoons of oats (rolled or not, it doesn’t matter, as they will be ground up).
4. Green Smoothie
This is a green smoothie that is known for being incredibly healthy and full of fiber. It can rack up to 17 grams of protein and 12 grams of fiber.
The majority of protein in this smoothie comes from the hemp hearts (or hemp seeds), which are a great vegan protein source.
To get 3 cups of this smoothie (which could be one large meal or two snacks) blend the following ingredients until smooth:
- ½ cup fresh grapefruit juice;
- 1 cup kale (with the stems removed);
- A large apple (chunks, without the core);
- 1 cup cucumber (chopped);
- One medium stalk celery (chopped);
- 4 tablespoons hemp seeds;
- ¼ cup mango (chopped fresh, or frozen);
- A few fresh mint leaves.
If you have any favorite alternatives to protein powder, you can share your protein smoothie recipes in the comment section below.