If you want to have a healthy lifestyle, you need to start somewhere, right? This grocery list for clean eating is exactly what you need. “The Ultimate Grocery List For Clean Eating” it’s just a guide, so you don’t have to get all the items on the list, but to choose the ones you’ll enjoy eating.
Grocery List Tips
Here are 10 tips to help you start a healthier lifestyle:
1. Stay away from foods with artificial flavours, chemicals or pesticides.
2. Pick only whole foods from your grocery.
3. As much as possible, eat fresh fruits and fresh vegetables (in their natural state), not canned or processed.
4. If you don’t want to eat raw foods, then bake, steam or grill them, but don’t eat fried foods.
5. Your plate must contain as many vegetables as possible. You can even opt for a full-veggie meal per day, or per week.
6. Cut refined sugars and processed foods from your grocery list.
7. Don’t forget to hydrate your body! Drink only plain water, skip all those “healthy drinks”.
8. To stay full longer and to avoid binge eating, get both carbs and proteins from every meal.
9. If you don’t know how to count calories, you can watch your portion sizes. Eat from small plates, or don’t fill your entire plate.
10. If you like to eat nuts and seeds, make a smart choice and eat them raw and unsalted.
11. If you can’t find in your grocery store an item without processed ingredients, like mustard and ketchup, then try to make it home made.
Don’t forget to choose only natural foods, to eat raw foods as much as possible and to avoid refined sugars. If you really can’t stay away from the sweets, opt for natural sweeteners like honey, stevia, agave nectar or maple syrup.
If you enjoyed these tips, you should really take a look over this ultimate grocery list infographic. Also, if you need more than a grocery list to lose weight, here is a great diet you should try. Stay fit!
Get more like this
in your inbox
Sign up for our daily email with fitness and nutrition tips, diets and weight loss programs, health news, and more.